Soft top liners - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Soft top liners

Has anybody used those winter liners in their soft tops, and how good do they work. Do they keep the noise down? Where can i get one? Does anyone have a trick to keep the Bestop from slapping around so much. The top is 2 years old, and it's awfully noisy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:47 PM

Re: Soft top liners

I've seen the California Tops insulated liner. It does keep the Jeep warmer and quieter just like it claims to.

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 without "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:54 PM
Old Hand

I have tried to order the insulating liner for my soft top on three different occasions from California tops. They are actually in Canada. They take your credit card number and immediately charge the top. Then when they get enough orders to buy the materials they make them and send it to you. Each time I had to get the credit card company to intervene to get my money back.

The last time I tried to order one from them I placed the order in February and cancelled it in August when they had not sent it to me. They kept on saying it will be ready in two more weeks. They double charged me this last time and I am still waiting on the credit to appear on my credit card statement.

Hank
88 YJ (sort of)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry to hear you have such a bad experience with them...
I bought mine about three years ago. It took about three weeks to get it. The quality is really nice, and it made a huge difference both temp and sound. I guess I was lucky

89YJ/LT1/NV4500/5.25"Lft
"Those damned replicants. Have u retired any today?"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Last summer when I drove from Phoenix to the Rubicon in northern California, I went and bought one of those quilted moving blankets that you use to protect furniture in a moving van. I wrapped it over my roll cage and secured it in place with bungee cords. It looked tacky but it worked. It reduced the noise level of the wind blowing over the top and it helped my A/C work better (that trip was done in the summer so I had to drive through the Arizona and southern California deserts in the heat). I have a '93 YJ with the rear roll bar loops. The moving blanket cost me $15.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 03:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The "California" liners work pretty well. A customer of mine has them in his CJ and is quite happy. The material used reminded me of that used in the military poncho liners, light weight, but strong. A couple of liners from the local surplus store, cut and sewn into the top by an upholstery shop, or someone that can use a sewing machine, shouldn't cost much and should work just as well.

Hummers now come with insulated soft tops from the factory, they use thin foam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode