One Last Time - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

One Last Time

Ok-
I know I've already asked most of these questions at some point or another, but I'm getting different answers. Heres the shimmy- I currently own a 78 CJ5 with 33s, I want to juice these babies up and put 36/12.50/15 TSL swampers under there. To do so, I'm going to put a 4 in susp. Superlift Softride under there. I know all the stuff I need to do this lift, brake lines etc. I am assuming that there are 2 or so inch extended shackles because the 33s fit. My question is, will my proposal work. Any idea of price? A few more things...How much does a flowmaster 40 series cost that would fit this thing? <theres no prices on the web page> Thanks so much, you guys are probably sick of me....but I'm gonna need help building this thing. I'm in HS and use it as a commuter vehicle, so it cant be off the road long. Thanks

One more thing, does anyone know the stock size on the CJs when they were new?

Everyone drools when they see it........now to get them afraid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:07 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: One Last Time

Go with the Q78's instead of the 36's, they'll fit a lot better, similar size, but wihout the width for your narrow track axles. The 8 ply sidewall of the 36's don't lend to flexing well either. Yes, it will work, but what about a SOA setup? It'd be a lot better in your case. You might also need to go 2" body lift, your profile didn't mention if you had one. I ran a 4" suspension lift and 1" shackle on the Scrambler with 33's before, and I still bottomed those out a few times when wheeling hard. If you're not beating on it ruthlessly, a 4" suspension and 1" shackle should be fine. Keep in mind Swampers wear fast on the road.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode