what does headlight 25 amp fuse look like? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2000, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what does headlight 25 amp fuse look like?

According to my Haynes manual, the headlight system has a 25 amp fuse in it, right near the headlight switch on the dash. Supposedly, this fuse resets itself after an overload condition (which I learned on this board - thanks!) I looked in the location shown on the wiring diagram (somewhat vague) and think I may have found it, but thought I'd ask here to be sure. What I found simply looks like a thin piece of metal in the headlight switch itself - could this be it? Is it really that simple?

BTW, my original problem is this: When driving with high beams on, after a minute or so, the headlights go out entirely. After a few seconds they come back on. A few seconds later, they go out again, and so on, and so on, until I switch back to low beams (or crash, which ever comes first). I posted this question awhile ago, and somone said it may also be the dimmer switch on the steering column. I've already rewired the ground on each headlight (to no avail), so now I'd like to replace this 25 amp fuse (assuming I've found it). If that doesn't work, guess I'll tackle the dimmer switch. Thanks!

Chuck
1995 YJ 4.0 5spd, 3" body lift, 32" Bridgestones (w/damn 3.07 gears), Durabak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2000, 09:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what does headlight 25 amp fuse look like?

Someone hear should be better than me to anser this than me.
But I think your looking for a sliver can about 1/2 inch high and a 11/4 long
and 3/8 thick
Anyway it is a BKR that resets and as they get old they will fail. This is
something that happens offten enuff to be known about. Asn you have found out[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sorry i could not of been more help- Mine on the Grand Waggoneer in the fuse block
the CJ I dont know???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode