Re: M.O.R.E. shackles installed!
Helpful hints for future reference? Yes....
1. Make sure you've got ALL the parts first.
2. Get ALL tools - needle nose pliers, sledgehammer, wrenches, rust-break up stuff, and spray on grease
3. Take your time - I was in a hurricane, so tried to hurry. I had to remove the same shackle 3 times after i installed it b/c i forgot parts, or to try something different. go slow, and get it right the first time.
4. I don't know if there's a special reason to do it the other way, but put the bolts in from the outside, to make future removal easier.
5. measure the underside lip of your front bumper, keeping in mind the dimensions of the new shackles, to make sure they'll have room for flex.
6. Aside from a jack, use jack stands to hold up the vehicle. Then you can use the jack to hold up the wheel hub of the side you're working on so when you take off the shackle the axle doesn't fall on the ground (shouldn't, if jack stands are set high enough).
7. to make life easier, the jack can then be used on the tip of the leave spring to move it up and down to make installation of new shackles easier.
8. Oh, and if you take the wheels off, you won't have to set the jack stands so high.
9. Grease all bushings before installing.
Have you kissed your JEEP lately?