Found CJ-6 with Hardtop at Junkyard in SoCal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Found CJ-6 with Hardtop at Junkyard in SoCal

Anyone looking for a CJ6 hardtop (Metal) in Orange County? There's one in Pull-Your-Part, (self serve) in Anahiem CA.
It has a cage in it too that looks like it was made for a CJ5. The driveline is missing, except for the swapped in 430 Buick/TH400. The body and frame aren't in too bad of shape, either. I was in there this morning, and just thought someone may be in need of CJ6 parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 06:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Found CJ-6 with Hardtop at Junkyard in SoCal

It's a crime to ravage the parts on an old CJ-6. It should be salvaged by someone and brought back to life.

Kriss

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wish I was in Socal. I am looking for something longer than my CJ5. I have been looking for a Wrangler, but have let to find anything under $5000, CJ7 aren't much cheaper, and if you find one under $2000, it is usually a rust bucket. Now if you are looking for early 80's Toyotas, I have found 2 in the past for months that are being given away, and both where in better shape then any of the CJ7's I have looked at. I have to swap in a NV4500 so Kriss can pick up his T18 .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 07:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ray-

Why don't you call the wrecking yard that has the CJ6 and get a price on the Jeep as is sits. I would do it myself but if the price were right I would only have to go get it just to have a 6. The problem with that is the addition to my collection would put me over my "dead Jeep in the yard limit" and I would then have to start paying child support as a penalty.

You said that you have been working to much lately and need some time off. Make a mad dash to LA. It would take about 2 days or so each way I would think, less with extra help driving. Add a day or two for Disneyland, Universal Studios, and the like and you'd still be home within a week.

Saving that old CJ6 would be doing the Jeep world a favor. Can't be many of them left. Besides, the added bonus to you is that you'd be able to get the T-18 thats cluttering up your space out of the garage.

Just a thought!

Kriss

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's pretty much just a frame, body and swapped in Buick engine. You would need a trailer or flat bed tow truck with a winch, plus special arangements with the yard, as about 10 trucks would need to be moved to get it out. In case anyone is serious, and needs the phone number or address, send me a private message and I'll give you the info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode