Pics of snorkle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pics of snorkle

It's been on for a while(not new). Some were talking about snorkles, so I wanted to post a few pics of mine.

Snorkle from front

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, etc. etc. etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-214367-SnorkleFront.jpg (63.2 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pics of snorkle

Snorkle from back

Jason

----------------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-214369-SorkleBack.jpg (76.0 KB, 1 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Can you post a pic of the engine compartment focusing on the snorkle arrangments?

Non compis mentis.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much does a snorkle usually cost? Did you install it yourself? Does it keep rain water out when your cruising down the road. Were you at the Land between the lakes jeep jamboree-your jeep looks familiar.

John
89YJ-350V8,35" swampers,etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 03:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, That looks pretty sharp. For a vehicle that looks as good as yours, I can see why you would spend the money for it. My CJ7 is only driven offroad so I made one. These pics are a bit dark but they give you an idea.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
OverMost 4wd Club President
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-214395-snorkel1.jpg (17.6 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 03:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

under the hood pic.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
OverMost 4wd Club President
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-214397-a_snorkel2.jpg (20.0 KB, 2 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Under the hood. This doesn't look as good as the outside. Nasty as it can be, but when I get that AMC 360, it will be nice. My buddy/mechanic does an excellent job on engine swaps. You should see some of the 454 crate engines in Corvettes that he has done(Mustangs old and new, Chevy pickups, this huge 44" tire F250 w/ 460, etc. etc.)

Its not hard to do at all, if you have the right size hole saw. The only one close was about 1/2" too small, so I had to eat away the edges with a Dremmel tool. That took an extra 2 hrs, because we didn't have all of the tools we needed. The body has 2 layers, so be carful when you drill. Actually, the only modifications that you have to do to the supplied instructions mainly involve throwing stuff away. The bracket that they supply to relocate the windshield washer bottle can be thrown away. They changed the design in '91(mine is a '90), this kit is disigned for the '91-'96 YJ. I located mine with the existing bracked and different holes drilled on the wheelwell. The other main change is to throw away the attachment bracket that goes to the FI air box, you don't have one on a carbed engine. You will need tin snips, to make slits in the air cleaner intake so the hose will slip over tightly.

Jason

----------------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-214429-SnorkleEngineConnections.jpg (84.5 KB, 2 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 03:44 PM

I built my own snorkel out of 2.5" PVC pipe and 3" flexible air intake tubing (wrapped with black duct tape for protection.) I had a custom adapter built to run the snorkel to my Webber 38 by you can buy some nicer ones straight off the net now (but mine was free!) I run the filter on top of the snorkel so water pressure can't build up and push through the filter (for those rare instances when I go a little deeper than the top of the windshield [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Here is the picture- if you click on it you can go to the article on it.

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It runs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and drives [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and delivers mail...well, 2 out of 3 aint bad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode