does this exist?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

does this exist??

I want to run 35x12.5x15 tires on one of my Jeeps. I also want to swap in some 3/4 ton chevy axles that I have. My question is can I use a 15 inch tire/wheel with those axles? I know those rear drums are huge, but I would convert to disc if the 15's would work, or I might convert to disc anyway. Are there many choices out there for 15" wheels with an eight lug pattern? I have not seen many, if any.
Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 01:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: does this exist??

I'm running 15x8's on my GM 3/4 ton axles. I got the 8 lug wheels at Discount tire, but every place I called had them. They're chrome spokes and cost about $38 each. 4 inch backspacing and 2.5 inch were the choices along with white or chrome. I went with the 4 inch backspacing because I wanted to keep the scrub radius as small as possible and I didn't like the whole Jeep sitting on the (admittedly large) outboard end of the spindle. I had to do quite a bit of grinding on the front calipers to fit them. 3.5" BS would have worked better.

I have not found an aluminum 15" 8-lug rim yet. I think it would have too thick of a wall and would require more grinding yet.

Jason '87YJ
"If you didn't build it, it isn't yours . . ."
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: does this exist??

yes you should be able to run the 3/4 ton axles and 15" rims. the 1ton dana 60 is where you run into trouble with the 15" rims. you also shouldn't have any problems finding rims either. look around and ask around and if you can't find any check with stockton wheel. they have a web address but i don't know it so just look for it on a search engine like yahoo.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode