Outa here fer five daze! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Outa here fer five daze!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I've packed up a few select moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]and we're heading outa here for a visit to Middle America to buy a ramshackle dirt farm. Be back in the office on Wednesday. We are meeting LEVE in Minneapolis on Tuesday, so this trip is in a way Jeep related[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 07:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Outa here fer five daze!

Have a safe trip and don't park on the side of the interstate.

InfantryYJ
I don't have to like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 08:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have a safe trip, and remember if you get the place that, "Daddy won't sell the farm!"

canis
Santa drives a JEEP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 09:31 AM

Figures, I get back home, and CJ Dave leaves!!

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 10:48 AM

While your looking for a farm, will the size of its mudhole be a consideration? Or will you just get a tractor and dig a "rentention pond" (really cool if ya leave an island in the middle!) and use all the excavated dirt to make whoops?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It runs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and drives [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and delivers mail...well, 2 out of 3 aint bad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Middle America was great! Just reading the newspaper I could feel my body relax.....no murder and mayhem....no Hollywoodies pushing new "liberal laws". I saw A LOT of TJs in Iowa, and quite a few YJs. I did not see a single CJ. There was an entire used vehicle lot devoted to Dodge Power Wagons; both military and civilian; in Fairfield Iowa, the nearest "big town" to the farm that I bought. The farm met or exceeded expectations, and had a beautiful 40 X 32 grain storage barn that can be very easily converted to an all-weather Jeeplab and fabrication shop of the finest quality. Jeepchick and I are; at this time; divesting ourselves of some over-priced CA realestate and will be renting for our final year. We knock down the tent in 10/'01 and escape the wierdness of CA and all that goes with it. I have to go to Iowa for a few weeks in 6/'01 to line out the builders on a double garage project; phase one of three phases; of our expansion program. We have room for a 30-foot diameter moonguy painting on the front of the barn facing the road.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Had a nice visit with LEVE and Mrs.LEVE in Minneapolis on the way back.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's always a treat to finally meet people who you have only known in cyberspace.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It'll be good to live where we have more access to the heartland of America. We could even grow some corn![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 04:26 PM

"we could even grow some corn!" Yeah or...you could just have th government pay you to not grow corn so the price of corn doesn't drop [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I really think the government should do away with that and instead buy the extra corn from the farmers at the regular market price and send that to the third world countries that need our aid to feed their population instead of sending them money to do it that they only spend on their military instead [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It runs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and drives [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and delivers mail...well, 2 out of 3 aint bad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 07:39 PM

so basically you telling us that

" You bought the farm" I alway wanted to say that

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats Dave, us midwesterners can't wait to have you move in. When you need tips on that corn planting, let me know. By the way, if you remodel that crib, save the lumber--you won't find better wood anywhere in the world.

P.S. Sycho--We farmers have so many gripes that begin with "If Only..." that it's something of a cliche. Kinda makes me smile to see that non-farmers are the same way.

Currently looking for corporate sponsors for jeep improvements...will sell advertising space on jeep, will also sell soul/body...make an offer.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 12:40 PM
Way Outta Control

FarmJeep...O/T!

Hey FarmJeep...

Hear about the farmer who went to the hardware store on Monday Morning and bought 50 hammers for a buck a piece?

Then Teusday, Wednesday and Thursday he did the same thing.

On Friday he went in to the hardware store to place his order and the owner of the store said: "I don't mind the business, but I gotta know... what are you doing with all those hammers?"

The farmer said: "Oh, I take 'em all down to the town square and sell them for 50 cents a piece!"

The owner said: "Don't 'cha know you're loosing money on each hammer?"

"Yep", said the farmer, "But is sure beats farming!"

Good Jeepin'

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode