Official RocktoberFest 2000 information - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 01:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Official RocktoberFest 2000 information

What: RocktoberFest 2000 (if you have never heard of it check out FourWheel Drive and Sport Utility Oct.200)

When: November 2, 3, 4, & 5, 2000

Where: Byrd's Camp & Canoe (Event headquarters) and adjacent to Ozark National Forest. Byrd's is located in Beech Grove, 6 miles east of Cass, AR on highway 215.

Event includes: Trail riding, 2 meal tickets for Saturday BBQ dinner, 2 raffle tickets, games and an event sticker. The Raffle will be held on Saturday night. We have a large selection of raffle prizes from leading off-road manufactures. Additional raffle tickets are available for $2.00 each or 6 for $10.00, lots of 100 or more are $100.00.

Trails: Trails will vary in difficulty. Easiest - any 4wd vehicle More difficult - moderately equipped vehicle Most difficlult - Fully equipped vehicles only Some Brushy areas will be encounterd on trails.

Concessions: The Bilderbacks will be at the event selling breakfast items, burgers, hot dogs, drinks, etc...

Accomodations: Camping at Byrd's camp and canoe on the scenic Mulberry River ( Call 501-667-4066 for availability and cost) Motel rooms are available in Ozark, Arkansas.

Registration Fees: $50 members, $75.00 non-members per vehicle not person.
"King of the Rocks" Callenge: This year the competition will be a 3 day event. The 3 days will consist of 2 days of competition with the finals being held on the third day. There will be a limite of 50 vehicles at a cost of $50.oo per vehicle in addition to the normal Rocktoberfest 2000 registration. Cash prizes of 50% of the total entry fees will be awarded as follows: 1st place 50%, 2nd 30%, and 3rd 20%. Other prizes will be awarded with all other money from entry fees to go to the charity and operational expenses.
All vehicles must have lockers, winch, jack, spare tire, cb, tow strap w/tree saver, rock cage or hard top, and seat belts. All vehicles are subject to a tech inspection.
A team will consist of a vehicle, driver and co-driver. Bring your spare parts, do not bring a spare vehicle.
All competitors must sign a waiver of liability for thier vehicle and co-driver.
Expct body damage or breakage. It happens!

Rock Crawlers 4x4 club, Inc. is proud to sponsor the NorthWest Arkansas Community College foundation scholarship program.

Event Contacts: Jewell Bohannan: 501-273-7674
Jamie and Andrea Sawyer: 501-631-1931
Richard Hayden: 501-474-7807
or send a S.A.S.E. to
Rock Crawlers 4x4 club, Inc.
3909 West Locust
Rogers, Arkansas 72756 for a registration pack.

Hope to see you there!!!!
Later,
SandSpyder

[b] <font color=black> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] 1995 YJ Rio Grande, 4.0 HO, 4spd. Auto, 4.56:1 w/ARB's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [b] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 05:14 AM
jeepfreak

Re: Official RocktoberFest 2000 information

Cant wait. I went last year and it was alot of fun...even thought it rained the whole time

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

TIS BETTER TO HAVE JEEPED AND ROLLED THAN NEVER TO HAVE JEEPED AT ALL...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 12:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep I had 3 inches of standing water in my tent when I got back. But that's another story. I hope we get some rain this year before but then clear up that weekend. Its very dry down there. I was down there last weekednd helping with the campground and it almost looks like fall aready. All the leaves are dead and falling off. Are you TJ ing it or CJ ing it this year? Or both?
Later,
SandSpyder

[b] <font color=black> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] 1995 YJ Rio Grande, 4.0 HO, 4spd. Auto, 4.56:1 w/ARB's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [b] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 03:53 AM
jeepfreak

I was hoping to have my TJ lifted by then but its not going to happen. So I will be driving my cj5. I am in the process of rebuilding my dad cj7 and if im done by then I might drive it to test it out. I saw your rig there last year but I never made it over to say hi.

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

TIS BETTER TO HAVE JEEPED AND ROLLED THAN NEVER TO HAVE JEEPED AT ALL...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 08:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i may be able to make it out there. what are the actual days for just the trail rides? i will be home on leave (in tennessee) during that time frame and i might just haul the ol' "heep" home and stop in there on my way back to texas.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

High5 the big day of trail rides begins on Sat @ around 8:00 a.m. This is also the day that we have the BBQ and Raffle. Sunday is a play day. Some people pack up and head out but I usually run another group up through the woods.

JeepFreak, I'm going to be in the last two campsites with electic right before the overflow camping. You better get you butt over and say "hi" hee, hee!!! I can't wait!!!! Can you tell?

Later, SandSpyder

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode