Another Theft.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 12:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another Theft....

Just a reminder...
George, FlMudCj, was over at our work the other day, the same auto parts store where Alec78CJ and I work. It was broad daylight, mid afternoon. George had 2 Big Mud Tires from his CJ in the back of his F150, with the alarm on. Some lowlife theives stole those 2 Big Mud Tires (used Tornchickens) on American Racing wheels...they were 35x14.5....not a light object....so heres the plan, LOCK everything you would like to keep, because even in a busy parking lot in the middle of the day in broad daylight, some inbred will steal 2 used tires out of oyur truck, somewhow without setting the alarm off...We need to stop these damn theives....sorry guys, just needed to vent a little...now i feel better.....

98 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport Plus, 5.9L 360, auto, Locked, 3.92s, BFG A/T KOs, RS9000s, RS5000 stabilizer, BedRug, tows my CJ-7! If you cant DODGE it, JEEP it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 01:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Another Theft....

My granddaddy always thought there was damn little horse theft when his daddy was a small boy for the simple reason that they just took horse thieves out and hung 'em. Rustlers they shot on the spot when they caught 'em. Card sharks and other cheats got tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail.

Of course, if we did that kind of stuff in this day and age, we'd be sued by the grieving survivors (with help from the shysters). And Bill Clinton would be about 3000 miles removed from Washington DC under seventy layers of tar and chicken down.

<font color=blue>45-auto
Bone stock '81 CJ7.
"You can always see it coming. But you can never stop it."
-- Cowboy Junkies.
</font color=blue>
http://www.televar.com/~bthomas/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 01:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I'm sorry to hear about that. That makes me quite unhappy. Wouldn't you just love to get your hands on them little punk a$$ b!tches?

1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, all stock...but not for long!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 05:11 AM
jeepfreak

Weird! A couple of punks just sold me some thornbirds and wheels for $10 bucks. I wondered why they were selling so cheap.
Just kidding. It sux that there are so many dishonest people out there. Just last weekend I sitting in a parking lot and two punks broke into a truck and start going through it looking for valubles. I called the cops but they were long gone before they showed up.

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

TIS BETTER TO HAVE JEEPED AND ROLLED THAN NEVER TO HAVE JEEPED AT ALL...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 07:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Vent, vent, vent, vent!!!

Ya know, I'm reading about this theivery crap and it just pisses me off!!! A couple of Decembers ago I went to the field with my unit for ten days. When I got back I opened the hatch to the XJ, threw my gear in, got in, and turned on the radio. Well there were no sounds coming out of my speakers. I just figured that when I threw my gear in that I hit the power cable to my amps, so I stopped to investigate. I opened the hatch and alas, there were no amplifiers and no sub. I immediatly turned around and parked in the very same spot that I had left from and went the office to call the MP's, yes you read it right, the MP's as this had happend on a Marine Corps base. What the little *****s stole was my Alpine four channel amp, my pioneer two channel amp and my bazooka bass tube. It just amazes me that I am here to defend my country and I leave my vehicle parked on a Marine Corps base and this still happens. Upon talking with the MP's, they said that they had four calls that night with the very same problem. And they say that we are enlisting quality people. You give it an honest days work to pay for something and somebody thinks they deserve it more that you do. Those are the same people that will say that they had it hard growing up and are a product of our society. Well anyway, I know it wasn't a redneck that stole my stuff because my CB and linear were in plain site. I guess they didn't have any use for that. After I got my insurance money and replaced my stuff I built a nice little wooden deck covering the goods. Where is the honor these days?????

InfantryYJ
I don't have to like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 08:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Vent, vent, vent, vent!!!

I don't know if this will make anyone feel better, but I bought my 4x4 ZJ (THE EXACT one that I have always wanted) on a Wednesday. I was replacing the O2 sensor on a Friday night, but it had welded itself stuck. I came out Saturday morning to try again, and there was just a pile of glass. No JEEP. I don't feel any less of a man when I say that I was in the kitchen throwing up. The police found it within 10 hours. The sorry excuses for humans stole it and drove it right back to their crack house (yes, it was found across the street from a crack house in the ghetto). After checking the odometer, I realized they had only driven it 30 miles! The stupid idiots didn't even wheel it or put it in 4wd! Yet in 30 miles of road driving, they managed to trash the tranny, break a window, and beat a door in with a golf club or something. Not to mention whatever the poor I6 was put through, with the O2 sensor hanging halfway out.

I'm not a violent person, but never in my life have I wanted to hurt or kill someone so much. That's just....low. And then of course insurance didn't want to pay for the driveline repairs b/c they called it "normal wear and tear". I was out of my brand new (for me anyway) vehicle for 9 times as long as I had owned it!

Feel better now. Thx.

canis
Santa drives a JEEP
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 09:11 AM
joeybcdt

.45-Auto:

Good web page. You articulate your views very well. All the while, maintaining politeness and courtesy.

Joey

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have mentioned this before so i will give the short version:

came home at 2 am (slighty trunk)
heard noise in shed
grabbed baseball from bedroom
went to shed
caugh a [email protected]#!$#$ trying to steal my motorcyle
pummeled him badly
called police
got arrested for defending my property (yes me, not him)
got charged with Assault and Bat with a deadly weapon
hired good lawyer and got off.

Point Is

THE JUSTICE SYSTEM DONT WORK PEOPLE!!!!

Kill th thief and bury him somewhere. DONT call police.

Boston Mangler
CJ7, T18, Dana20, Scout Dana44's F&R, Detroits F&R, 4:56 Gears, SOA (YJ Springs), Weber 32/36, York OBA.

http://ctweb.unh.edu/yankeetoys/kspeicher
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:13 AM
FlMudCJ

I was upset, because there were four tires in the bed, and they only took two. One of the rims they left had been broken when it fell off the jeep last week (kinda humurous...) So now I have two tires, and one rim to sell... (real cheap too...) anyway. We called the police, and the officer looked me in the eye and asked what I expected him to do. If I'd been any other person I probably would've been tempted to smack him, but that would be bad. But I explained that I just wanted them to be aware so if they ticketed somebody, and they had two tires sitting in thier bed, I could identify them and two inbreds could have something else added to their records.

On a brighter note, I'm actually impressed that I got a message today from the department from and investigator. I returned his call, and had to leave a message... So I guess I'll have to get a P.I. to find the investegator. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
But I was supprised to have a followup with it.

But its my stupidity to leave 'em sitting out like that for 15 minutes (that's the timeframe) and expecting something better from the inbred community we call our customers.

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Boston Mangler-

I feel your pain. But I'm damn glad I didn't have to pay for the goddamn lawyer.

I lived in Boston for a couple years. Even a long time ago, it failed to tempt me as a long term residence because the state is tooooo liberal. Where you can interrupt a theft and wind up in trouble yourself, the thieves get too much consideration from the legislators. But then Teddy Kennedy is a Senator there, right?

My e-mail sig used to read: "Gun control? Hell, Teddy Kennedy has killed more people with his car than I have with my whole damn gun collection?"

<font color=blue>45-auto
Bone stock '81 CJ7.
"You can always see it coming. But you can never stop it."
-- Cowboy Junkies.
</font color=blue>
http://www.televar.com/~bthomas/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode