Which Welder - Next to last chapter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2000, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which Welder - Next to last chapter

Last chapter will be actually firing it up. That will happen tomorrow. Pic of new welder attached.

The welder sales people must be hungrey. This is the best service I've had in I don't know when. Ordered on Tuesday out of Maryland, delivered on Thursday in Houston with no delivery charge. Very nice set of gloves for free, and the lowest welder price I found anywhere.

Picked a bottled gas place reasonably close to the house and picked up a bottle of 75/25 yesterday. Same story there. "If you have any questions about welding, give us a call, and we will help if we can." Also I bought the next to largest bottle. If I need the bigger one, "Just pay the difference when you bring the other one in for refill." THESE GUYS BELONG ON THE TRAIL IN JEEPS!!!!!

Even the welding shop where I have been PAYING to have welding done are most willing to part with trade secrets, and this is a BIG shop. AMAZING!! Huh, maybe they are just glad to get rid of me. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

If y'all don't hear from me in a day or two, either the welder won't work, or I welded the keyboard to the monitor. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

First project is a welding cart. A couple of trial beads, and it's off to cart making.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-213937-HH175.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:23 AM
FlMudCJ

Re: Which Welder - Next to last chapter

Wellp, we just lost doug... Let us have a moment of silence...

SO!?>!?!?!?!?!?! How's it work!? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] hehe.. That is some awesome service. I got much the same service in my area, I bought locally at the welding supply shop, my old welder has been most helpfull in sustaining my habbit by giving me any type of scrap I need, and even some pieces here and there for a buck... It seems that the combining of metal is just such an exclusive club, that the members seem to welcome those initiated...
Lets see some o'dem purdy beads your laying by now... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You're right about those welders. I live in Norfolk, VA. and this area is crawling with them from the shipyards. You want some real talent, you should see what a nuclear welder can do. They're like brain surgeons in their field. Heck, my son-in-law used to weld for the ship yard. Lately we've been drooling over some new plasma cutters. It can be addictive. Got my first taste from one of my friends dad when we were in high school.

Tread lightly and stop to smell the roses - Traveler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 11:52 AM

My friend's dad had a couple of Lincoln welders in the garage. They were huge though, about the size of the chair your welder is sitting on...I wonder what they want for them? I'm also going to buy their air compressor, it is about the size of a small desk and has two pumps on it! Need to start wiring 220 volt outlets into the garage and more the sailboat out of there so I've got some room!

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It runs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and drives [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and delivers mail...well, 2 out of 3 aint bad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 03:52 PM
joeybcdt

Well, I just ordered a new Handler also. They're gonna deliver to the business. I'll sneak it home later. We bought a new house in February. Lots of stuff still in boxes. It'll blend right in. "New? Hell no, Honey. I've always had that."

Joey

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who'd you get it from?

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Found this site on the web:

http://www.brwelder.com/

Talked to Boz and Bob. Company is in Maryland.

Last Sat was in a new Harbor Freight here in Houston. They had the same welder that was delivered to my door for $529 (welder only). Harbor's price was $599 plus tax. Called another place here in Houston and got a $700 price, another was $525, but over $40 sales tax was on top of that, and I would have to go pick it up.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode