O/T-- Gore and RATS... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

O/T-- Gore and RATS...

Sorry, i thought it was about time for an off topic rant...i believe this is my first.
I have to voice my frustration about this whole rediculous childlike crap about the word RAT showing for a spilt second on Bush's ad. Who gives a crap. Is our population so fricken stupid that they are willing to bitch and moan about the word RAT in an ad, and then they don't care that our Loser President has a Whitehouse intern kneeling under his desk, amungst other things he has done. What the hell is wrong with people?
For those that have missed all the pathetic media coverage of this, here's a link to a news article.
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/polit...ad0000912.html

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 05:39 PM

Re: O/T-- Gore and RATS...

If it is true then it is a bunch of crap. The last thing I need is a new above the law bueracracy stepping in and filling the shoes of the last. The problem is even greater when republicans feel above the law as they tend to cater to the much more powerfull. Ive already lived and lost a home durring Reganomics when the construction industry took a crap in the early 80s. I agree that its time for a change, but if this is the kinda crap Ill be looking at then we could be worse off at least economicaly then we have been for the last 8 years. Just voting Republican does not mean we will be better off, Bush needs to start syaing what he has in mind for our future instead of just repeating the same old"I trust people BS"(In my best Texas Draw). We will soon be looking at another Democratic Pres if Bush doesnt wake up and say something that he planned for our future other than hoping that inteligent people are gonna vote for him just because the last pres got a blow job in the oval office. He keeps talking about how the last administration failed us, but although the country has gone to hell in a hand basket morally, monetarily we are as healthy as weve ever been. I havent heard one thing solid from the Bush camp, he says things will be different but doesnt explain anything. Better wake up and smell the roses(or RAT), before its to late.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
"PLING" Hmm,What was that noise???....Awww probably nothing.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

jeff, sad part about all this ,we have no one running who is in touch with americans or gives a damn.if that tree hugging gore gets in you might as well sell the 4x4.he will continue clintons plan of shutting down our trails.nothing else to say except it pisses me off that there is very little we can do.see you on the trails,ranger rick-88sami

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:57 PM

Yeah, Rangerrick,
Thats how I feel, I hate the thought of voting for a Klinton, protege. But with a Republican Senate and House, a Republican president with no direction, scares the piss out of me too. I wish Bush would give some inclination of what he is all about and what he has planned. he isnt offering much substance so he wont have to stand by many promises,not that his "Read my Lips" dad was very good at keeping promises either. Problem is, all the qualified people who could really run the country dont want to run the media scrutiny(witch Hunt) that all of our politicians have to endure nowadays.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You guys are completely missing out on Bush's current tactic, will will start showing its effect in about a week or so. He is hugging Gore on every issue, education, health care, etc, and in doing so, he is making them his own. This really has Gore frustrated, once the debates start I think you will see this frustration come out of Gore big time, he will attack Bush, hw will be the true algore...mean, and the public will run from him like he has AIDS or something. Hint...watch FoxNews, Special Report with Brit Hume is excellent, you will gain a bunch of insite into what is going on.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 10:39 PM

The media hasnt been able to read the american people for 10 years.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good post, Brad, I agree 100%. Can't wait for the debates.

I'll second that about Fox News. I watch the O'Rielly (sp?) Factor every day, along with Brit Hume and Hannity & Colmes.

Also, if anyone wants to see news that doesn't make it to the liberal media, check out http://www.newsmax.com.

Marc
Webmaster, Contagious Off-road
http://contagious-racing.8m.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 07:06 AM
Matt M38A1

I don't know Brad, i remeber a few short months ago when they were gearing up their campaigns Algorythm was just about as non-existent as he was as VP. At least from what I could see. Then within the last two months, he has been spewing just about the exact same rhetoric as Bush, with a few exceptions. So I would say your point is right on but that it is gore copying bush, then fine tuning it to his party. Bush came out great guns on education, and Gore was all "environmental record this, environmental record that". Now he suddenly has an educational plan. You know subtle changes to his platform like this.

I'm sure there'll be a few groans now, you older folks may not know but there is this band called Rage Against the Machine. They recently released a new video for their song "testify". It's hilarious. The opening is like a silent movie with caption being "Aliens come to rule the world". Supposedly the alien morphs from one body into two. Bush and Gore. They go on with the video showing clips of these two at their respective speaking engagements, and damned if they don't say the EXACT SAME THING. The alien by the way morhs back into one at the end referred to as Gush and Bore.

Either way I don't particulary care for either of them and wish we had better choices, however I will still vote for what I deem the lesser of two evils.

Jeff, I would qualify your statement to add that the career politicians haven't cared about anything but doing what is necessary to forward their careers for the last 25 years, also.

Sorry for the rant.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 07:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Before you place blame

Did the media ever consider that it may have been an error?

Have they ever rendered video with titles before? Hell yes!! They should know better.
I have and some times the computer has a small glitch and can corrupt a single frame. I'll bet that the "RATS" was a result of a character generator error or a rendering error from the word democRATS. The word democrats appears on that frame at the same time. I know from experience that things like this can and will happen.

But stories about a computer error or a simple human error are not news worthy. But if the Evil Bush Campaign launches a subliminal attack against the picture perfect Gore campaign, this topic should dominate the air waves.

This is just proof that the Gore campaign and the Clinton administration have the media in their back pocket. Which is a suprise considering what happened a few years ago. Remember Monica?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with the whole "lesser of two evils" concept. I may even vote for ralph nader, that way I can gripe about whichever one ends up in the white house. I personally don't like either one of them. When was the last time either of them had to work a real job. Hell, they were both born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouths. Oh well, that's america. Aren't we starting to resemble a government that we had to revolt against once before.
Later,james

82cj7,258,np435,weber,hei,rhino lining
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode