Panamint Valley Days - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 01:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Panamint Valley Days

Just two short months 'til Panamint Valley Days.http://www.panamintvalleydays.com November 10-12 in the Panamint Valley in South Central California. Just west of the Funeral Mountains and Death Valley. There is a great new trail Called Isham Canyon. this trail was run for the first time last year and it is for the hard core rock knockers only. Lockers, 35's,winch required and no tops allowed. Very tight, expect to help others through and come home with some new body work. There are also other runs ranging from SUV to as challenging as Isham
(just less body damage potential) H8Monday, this one might be just the ticket for us to finally get a chance to run together. It is truly a great time with a dynamite BBQ on Saturday andd killer raffle prizes as well. I hope to see a lot of moonguys there this year. This event is kind of a sleeper with only around 200 registerd rigs each year. This means a lot less waiting on the trails than at some of the bigger events. Even if attendance doubles it will still be very open travel. There, I've made my case. Hope to see some of you all there.

Axlesupagain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
98 TJ 6.25" lift, 35" BFG's D44/D30 detroits,
96 XJ 4.5" lift, 31"BFG's 8.25/D30,lockright
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 08:42 PM
sas87yj

Re: Panamint Valley Days

sounds like fun!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i lived at wildrose sta 66-71. now it is leveled by the park service!

i use to go up surprise before you needed 4wd.

i will be doing "my own" panamint days in early oct when the days are not as short vs nov. wish you a good time and don't break too much on your jeep.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

do you guys ever do goler and into butte valley? that is a great overnight run! now that canyon was the ultimate in the 60's! pasengers were bailing out at the falls!

now days with all the lifts and such it is a different story.

see ya
steve

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 01:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Goler is a pretty cool place. The runs during the event include Surprise at night to Panamint City. Fish Canyon to Lookout City, Stone Canyon, and of course, Isham! Those are the trails I remember as I am typing. Like I said anything from SUV to body damage.

Hope you have fun up there in October. We will be up prerunning the trails on the weekends of Sept. 30 and OCT 21. Maybe we'll run into you.

Axlesupagain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
98 TJ 6.25" lift, 35" BFG's D44/D30 detroits,
96 XJ 4.5" lift, 31"BFG's 8.25/D30,lockright
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 06:37 PM
sas87yj

bringing this to the top for jeff the rockin-crawler, waterfallin, panamint city conquest!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 10:08 PM

Axlesupagain,
COUNT ME IN!!!
Thats right in my neck of the woods now.
Lets see, I dont mind body damage, I like crawling on rocks, I dont even know where my top is stored, Winch(got one), 35" Tires(Yep, maybe even some new 37" Boggers), I love night runs, bar B Que is my favorite food group, and I play well with others. WOW!!! Whats not to like??? Sign me up!! Where do I send the check???
Do I need to pre register? ( I can give you an address or fax number).
Is your club sponsoring the run?(if so, do you need a hand with the event, Id be glad to help out).
Thanks for the invite.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode