Do you guys save your old 'offroad' magazines? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you guys save your old \'offroad\' magazines?

I have a bunch old magazines - 4wd&su, Petersons Offroad, Fourwheeler. Many of them are 2+ years old. I never look at them. Do you guys keep your old mags handy to look back at? I really want to dump them, but I know if I do, I'll need them next week for something or other (even though I haven't looked at them for at least a year). I just want to know if it's safe to toss old mags w/o losing valuable info to reference.

<font color=blue> -Dorian
88 YJ w/ square headlights... It's swell.
http://www.4Low.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Do you guys save your old \'offroad\' magazines?

with this bbs at your disposal, toss them.....although i still have about 10 years worth laying around.. my wife marvels at how I can dig up a pic i need from 4 years ago

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj, 4.0, dana 44, nv3550
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:32 PM

I had soe from back into 1994, but my last move ( a little over 2 years ago) I tossed almost all of them, Ive kept a few since then, but dont subscribe to any anymore, just the occasional board sunday market buy anymore.

some I got rid of i wish I still had!

OzarkJeep

"Too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I keep all of mine also. Just can't help thinking that one day I might need to reference one of the tech articles. Actually, I have gone back and looked for tech info in them from time to time, so they have been useful. The problem is that you know you've read about something, but can't remember which mag it was from and what month it was written. You end up going through nearly every one of them just to find one tidbit of info. I've said for years that I was going to start keeping some kind of index or database of all the articles, sort of like the year end issues do.

I do all this with all of my other magazines also (guns, Playboys, etc.) One of these days, they will be able to open a Greg Johnson Memorial Magazine Library!

Greg J.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 10:13 PM
WSB

Oh god, my wife better not see this post! I have saved almost all my "offroad" magizines at one time I probably
had 4-5 years worth of three different magazines collected much to my wifes dissmay. About two years ago I
went through them and throw out the ones that were 2-3 years old. Recently I got rid of almost all of the Peterson's,
Four Wheeler and Off Road. I am still hanging on to the 4Wheel Drive and Sport Ute.
I'd keep them but unfortunately I don't own a large barn!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i got a butt load! my wife hates it but they do come in handy.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 10:29 PM

I still have almost every issue from about '96 or so.
Four Wheeler and 4WD&Sport utility.
They have been a good help from time to time.
When I was looking for a new carb for the Willys I was able to look back and reference one from an article one of them had done on that type of carb.

It is basically your choice to keep or toss them.
Just remember one thing, there is always some type of helpful information in every magazine.
It is a tough choice, but when they start overwhelming your house, it is just time to toss some of them so you are able to see your couch again.

"I see." the blind man said to the deaf woman.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 11:42 PM

Gosh, if any of you guys are in the Portland Oregon area and are thinking of tossing the old rags then I would happily snap them up. I haven't been at this off-roading/build-up thing for very long (about two years) so I still have a lot to learn. If magazines weren't so heavy I'd pay for shipping but I cannot talk myself into doing this just for a periodical.

thanks,

Chad
'....he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.’

http://www.webspawner.com/users/liveaxle/
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 11:58 PM

I keep all of them. When the pile gets too big, I keep the last few month's issues handy and store the others in the basement. Every once in a while I pull out the boxes and look thru them and think--I should toss these. Then I put them back, all safe and sound.

Ken

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 11:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Somewhere around here theres a box of 4WD and Sport Ute going back to the days when they were called 4x4 Action. Quit buying em about a year ago, too much crap I don't want to read, this bbs, ORC and the rest of the web is much better.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode