Lights on the hood - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 08:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lights on the hood

I've heard from Chad and another one of my friends that you can mount lights to the hood hinge of your Jeep. Has anyone done this? Can ya post a pic? I'm considering doing it on my TJ, but I'd like to get an idea of what it looks like in advance.

The day I can't do my job drunk is the day I turn in my gun and my badge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lights on the hood

I know that you can buy/make brackets to mount lights to the windshield fold hinge...but haven't seen any on the hood hinge. On my CJ, mounting a light there would prevent folding the hood back against the windshield for super engine access...don't know 'bout a TJ though. There's a guy in town here who runs KC's bolted to the top of the front fenders on a YJ. It's a different look...kind of interesting. I bet he gets pretty good lighting, though.

The jeep is up and runnin...damn...work work fix..the jeep is...damn...work work fix...the jee...damn
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can, and people have, mounted almost anything almost anywhere on a Jeep. My only suggestion is to consider the practicality of any modification based on the way you intend the veh to be used. In some cases it is even practical to LOWER (ugh) the Jeep based on how it will be used.

If you intend some serious or semi serious off roading, you might consider that anything that sticks out and/or is mounted to a weak part of the Jeep, may very well get seriously damaged just driving through a moderate but heavily wooded trail. If you are staying on the street, it probably isn't that big a deal.

I have just finished recessing my tail lights and removing that "thing" they call a rear license plate holder on my TJ. Now they don't hang up on tree limbs and such.

If you decide to start making changes to the TJ, see about buying fabrication tools necessary to do the job. More costly in the beginning, but after you make just a few things instead of buying them, you start coming out on top - not to mention the fun and experience you gain.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx for the info guys. I got bored and decided to go ahead and do it. Pics and such are postedhere--->http://www.quadratec.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000133.html

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think it looks pretty good!! It is not feasable for me because I like to put my windshield down on the trail. But, it looks pretty good, though!! I think it would probably give you a good field of vision, too. Chad P.S. I like your catchy little phrase on the Quatratec board.

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,Tomkin tire combo,etc,etc.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Of course you would! It's the rule of the LGOPS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode