Superwinch hubs!?!? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superwinch hubs!?!?

O.K. guys! I have a quick question. I just got back Tuesday from the Rosser ride in Chattanooga. My Superwinch hub (passenger side) is clicking and popping like a cv joint in a frontwheel drive Honda. I havent taken it off yet. It is disengaged and the transfer case is in 2wd. Any word of advice before I take this hub off. I am hoping I am not going to be dropping $100.00 on new Warn hubs. Thanks, Chad

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,Tomkin tire combo,etc,etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 11:18 PM
Official Historian

Re: Superwinch hubs!?!?

don't superwinch hubs have a lifetime warranty? i have a pair but can't remember.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brother, if you DO need to buy new hubs, go with the WARN premiums, they're top notch, a few friends have them, and havent shredded one yet, i believe they have a lifetime warranty....not sure though...and they look nice too!

mikey

98 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport Plus, 5.9L 360, auto, Locked, 3.92s, BFG A/T KOs, RS9000s, RS5000 stabilizer, BedRug, tows my CJ-7!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 08:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the premiums are good forever, but i have broken 2 of them now... i have never heard of anyone popping one before me... and i keep breaking them when i have it floored in the mud/ not in the rocks like you'd think..at least they give me new ones and i carry 2 spares

~~Elusive~~
tj-7 thingy..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i run superwinch hubs and like them. they do have a life time guarantee but they say that as long as you don't run a front locker so if they ask you don't.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 12:06 PM

I think the SupwerWinch Premium hubs are very sturdy...but they've only got one seal! When wheeling in deep mud and water you want all the insurance you can get that the terrain wont intrude on your axle shafts and gears. Warn's Premium hubs have 2 seals...guess which ones I'm buying.

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It runs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and drives [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and delivers mail...well, 2 out of 3 aint bad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 12:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I dont have any of my paperwork. Is this going to be a problem? Thanks to everyone for responding. If, for some reason I cant get a replacement from Superwinch, I plan on getting Warn hubs. One question. I see all of my catalogs only list the premium hubs through 1980 CJ's (27 spline 6 bolt). Dont they make them for an 85?? Thanks, Chad

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,Tomkin tire combo,etc,etc.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sycho15, my superwinch hubs came with two gaskets. i don't use gaskets on mine anyway. i use non hardening sealant onmy hubs. hubs actually will move alittle while wheeling and the paper gaskets won't last. the non hardening sealant will seal the hubs and since it never completely sets up it allows the hub to move and keep it's seal. i know some of you are going to say "well my hubs don't move" but what to you think causes those pesky bolts on the bolt on hubs to loosen?

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just moving back to the top so someone might be able to answer my second question. Thanks, Chad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode