Wiring Diagrams Needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Wiring Diagrams Needed

Is there anywhere I can get electronic version of wiring diagrams for my Jeep. It originally had the Dauntless so I need that diagram. If electronic aren't available where can I get paper ones?

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed

Okay I guess that no one can help me on that one. Can someone at least tell me what is supposed to be wire to the wiring block on the driver's side fender on my jeep. The block has three posts. I just need to know which wire from the main part of the wiring harness and which wires from the headlight harness attach to which of the three polls.

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 07:42 PM

The Haynes manual #412 49-86 Cj's has wiring diagrams. Sorry I don't have a scanner or I would hook you up. I could do a xerox(?) and mail it to you if you want. The junction block you mention is for the headlights and parking lights. Working from rear to front: 1st-One wire from the dimmer switch(don't know if it is high or low beam), one wire to the left headlight and another to the right healight. 2nd-One wire from the dimmer switch(high or low) and again one wire to the left headlight and one wire to the right. 3rd-One wire coming from the main light switch, another wire going to the left parking light/turn signal, and another going to right parking light/turn signal.
What this boils down to is one is for hi beam, one for low beam, and one for the parking lights(small filament on the double filament bulb). If you have the fender mounted running lights (can't remember if 70 does or not!) then the diagram shows the wire that goes to those comes off the harness between the grill mounted parking/turn signal light and its plug, where it goes into the harness, so it shouldn't be an issue when wiring the junction block. Hope this helps some, if you need clarification on anything let me know.

Greg
89 XJ-stock, 83 CJ-7/4.0HO-t18-d300-locked-2.5" rancho-32 bfg mt, 79 Blazer/454-t400-np205-locked-4w disc-35 bfg mt, 67 CJ-5/231-t18-d18-4.88-front disc-rear 11" drum/front locked/30-9.50's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Actually I have that manual but I suck at reading those diagrams...If I remember correctly TeamRush has factory ones with legends that tell you the colors as well...WHat you told me though gave me a good place to start...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is link it has most of the wiring diagrams from CJ2a through 79 CJ. I don't know how large the files are but give it a try. The ones that say FULL are the 2 page ones that I put on 1 Page.
http://www.icontech.com/~jtmorgan/jeep/Electrical/

Lunatic
(O|||||||O)
Are you having fun yet????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode