Wanted- A/C compressor- York or Factory - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wanted- A/C compressor- York or Factory

I'm looking for a york or factory air compressor. Or if some has just the brackets for the York that would be a start. Thanks

Kevin Low
84 CJ7
SE Michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 10:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Wanted- A/C compressor- York or Factory

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I can fix you up with a 10 cubic inch Yorkie. Don't have the brackets, though.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 07:34 AM

Ive seen some sandens and brackets in a local yard, some folks here use them and say they are everybit as good as the yorks.

Ive got a slew of the Yorks around here, but the 258 york brackets arent sold at Wal Mart if you get my drift.

OzarkJeep

"Too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used to have factory air, but removed it. Now I have lost the compressor, but I still have the bracket. If I could just find another factory compressor I would be in good shape. Is there another vehicle I can get this compressor off of that will mount to my existing bracket. Is that sanden what I'm looking for? I know finding the york bracket is not easy, how hard would it be to fab one myself.

Kevin Low
84 CJ7
SE Michigan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 05:55 PM

I dont know what compressor you originally had.

the brackets are just complex enough to make most folks search for a set.

Ivw thought about converting some sanden brackets to YORK, but the tensioner is a problem.

OzarkJeep

"Too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found brakets for my york from a AMC Eagle in the local junk yard. I took all the brackets and pullys from it also.(DONOT FORGET THE ALTENATOR BRACKET) The Eagle has a 258cid engine. The one thing you need to watch out for is that some yorks have diffent size clutch pullys. The one I needed had a space of 1 1/4" from the york to the edge of the pully. if you find a york with a pully closer to the base then that, the belts will not line up! I have some pics if you want them.

84 CJ-7
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 04:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a used AC compressor from my 91 YJ with 4.0L for sale, can you use it?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Nycjeep88 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
AIM: nycjeep88

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode