Trail & Street ID for BBS'ers ORDERING INFO! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Trail & Street ID for BBS\'ers ORDERING INFO!

I tried to read and post last night but the BBS was down or something. ORC did do a cool update on the main page of their site, so they may have been changing something with this too.

For those of you who have no idea what the following post is about about, please reference these two links:

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//...&part=all&vc=1

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//...&part=all&vc=1

And here is the sticker:

Well off they went to the printer yesterday! We'll see them back in 4 to 6 weeks. I went out on a limb per your requests and got 250 of them printed - with an option to double it up to the date of shipment for a substantial savings - so start buying hard! I am going to set the price at $1.50 per sticker - postage included. If you buy more than one sticker - I'll do the math and refund the postage difference to you if you want - just e-mail me and tell me so. Actual postage will only jump to like $0.55 then $0.77 as your number goes up - I don't know how many stickers it will take to make two or three ounces. My guess, six will be about two ounces, and twelve will be about three - but that is a total guess. If I don't count the price of the postage or the envelope or gas to the post office, I have to sell 150 stickers at $1.50 to break even on the setup, printing, and shipping . . . so please don't feel like I am scalping you all on these - I am just trying to cover myself, and so far I am not up to 150 orders. Also, I'd like to see the extra postage charges gained to help supplement the postage of our foreign Jeepers - that way they don't pay $1.50 for a sticker and $20 for postage! I think we only have one in Germany, one in Norway, and all of our military personnel overseas have FPO or APO address - so I don't think I am going out on a limb here . . . we'll see. All deals are off if I receive a dozen foreign orders tonight! (BTW -I'll save you foreign Jeepers the hassle at your customs by marking them "PRINTED MATTER" and not "MERCHANDISE" since these are just printed materials from your "club.")

To legalese, the mysterious stranger without a name in their profile . . .

I found DC to be sky high right now. Don't know what the deal is here. I guess it is that time of the election cycle. The larger "non-metropolitan" cities all had better prices - even with shipping added in.

3 1/2" stock was by far cheaper than the 4". In fact, 4 1/2" was slightly higher than the 4". The dies come in 1/2" increments, and there is no charge for a die unless it is an odd size. I cut some circles out of some heavy vinyl and 4" would not fit into a standard envelope unless you tweak the top edge and the 3 1/2" seemed to fit okay. The printer says it may not fit perfect either. We shall see when they get here.

To Joey -

No - that is a bad idea - because 1) I'd have to ship notarized "authorization to print" slips to everyone to get them printed and 2) if we get some unscrupulous person who decided to go out and market all kinds of stuff for personal business - I could get slammed for being the one holding the Copyright and 3) like you said - it would cost everyone at least $125-$150 to get the first hundred printed. Trust me . . . I know. Also - it is not that I am unwilling to take the risk . . . I just want the odds to be in MY favor while I take the risk . . . especially since I am doing this as a fellow BBS'er and not a business. After all - it is my money and my time invested here. I guess I prefer to research before I invest rather than go play the slots or sit at the craps table to make a buck - not making an accusation - just telling you of my style [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. I also wouldn't want to have to pay Aaron or Dave for all the FREE info they have given to me on my projects!!!!! It costs $50 up front to just walk into a Jeep service center and ask for help!

To Mike -

I didn't think about setting a deadline type thing. That would have been a good idea. Just too late now! Oh well.

To Ray -

PayPal is a great idea! This is also the way some of you can "pay me back" for my time that I would be totally comfortable with. For every person who signs up, I'll get a $5 bonus on my account. Since that is totally separate from the sticker deal - I won't have to deal with some blood thirsty hired gun from DaimlerChrysler! Also, you will have record of the transaction, it is a totally secure site, and don't have to send a money order through the mail. You have the option of paying with a credit card or a check, and I never see either. It is simply deposited on my PayPal account. This is a great service. Thanks Ray - enjoy your five bucks! You can get your free PayPal account here: http://secure.paypal.x.com/refer/[email protected]. I also like this because I don't have to post my home address on the web for the world to see. I get enough junk mail already! If you do not wish to use this service, e-mail me at [email protected] and we can set up a snail mail transfer. Just be sure when you use the paypal you send me an email with your mailing address and PayPal transaction #.

If I forgot to answer your question - please repost it or send it to the address above.

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 07:00 PM

Re: Trail & Street ID for BBS\'ers ORDERING INFO!

This should stay on page 1, Jay.

Ken

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 11:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>bringing it to the top...
can I get somewhere to send the check to?
try [email protected]

http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 11:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey bubba,can i get a couple?my e-mail is [email protected],let me know were to send the money,and what form you want it in(check,money order?)and hey,thanks for havin the balls to go out on a limb for us!

all laws only affect the law abiding
support capital punishment,guarantee no repeat offenders
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 11:46 PM

I'll take a half dozen, just tell me where to send the check...
If there is any left over after shipping, keep it, you earned it!!

Maybe rent a PO box or get one of those drop boxes at "Mailboxes And Sh*t"....
Let me know when you decide to do a larger version of this sticker....

Can that guy that was making flags make a flag like this?

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 12:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Back up to the top!

Mike H.
<font color=blue>1983 CJ-7 Laredo</font color=blue>
2000 Durango SLT

I can't go to work today...the voices said "Stay home and clean your guns!"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 04:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Back to the top!!

a german jeeper in germany
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

to the top...

<font color=red>84 CJ7 / 258</font color=red>
'nothin' special, but lots of fun!'
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 09:20 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Back to the top. Just let us know who, what, when and where.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 12:57 PM

To the top!!

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode