Planning ahead - Easter Jeep Safari - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Planning ahead - Easter Jeep Safari

I want to go to the Easter Jeep Safari, spring 2001. Anybody give any insights on where to stay, RV campgrounds, and how to sign up for the run. All I really want to do is sit on Potato salad hill and watch the carnage. Anyway, any input is appreciated.

CJ-8, 4.0, NP435, D44 x D60, 4w Disc, 2" Wrangler springs, SOA, 1" Body lift, 35" TSL SX

CJ-6, Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Planning ahead - Easter Jeep Safari

I went the week before EJS, so I am not sure on the trail signup. I would not stay at an RV campground, A couple of miles out of town is Potash road, about 5 more mile on Potash road, and you are at some incredible campsites, right below the start of poisen spider mesa/golden spike trail. When I go again that is where I will stay again. It looks like you have a very well setup Jeep, with the longer wheelbase of the CJ8 you won't have any trouble with any of the Safari trails. My favorite is Hells Revenge. Don't just go watch the carnage on Potato salad hill. go out and hit the trails, it will take you all week to do all of the good ones.

Thamks, Ray

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 07:45 AM
utahjeepr

To register you have to write/call and get a EJS newsletter sent to you. I'll find and post the info on that this afternoon when I get home. The newsletter will explain all the trails and procedures for signning up as well as give you listings and ads for local RV campgrounds, hotels, etc. My personal choice is to stay at Slickrock campground (RV park) The place is pretty nice, and the guy who runs the place is a Jeeper as well as a member of the local search and rescue. I do recommend an RV park style campground over camping "in the bush" for this event. How long do you want to go without a shower, or some of the other convienences.

I am a "Sheetmetal Darwinist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 10:43 AM
Journeyman

You can contact the Red Rock 4-Wheelers Inc. at:

P.O. Box 1471
Moab, UT 84532-1471
(435) 259-7625 between 8:30 AM and 10:00PM ONLY (we have lives too)

The newsletter usually goes out early January. If you haven't been registered for the safari before you will need to call to be put on the mailing list.
Here is a link to a good tourist oriented web page:

http://moab-utah.com/index.html

The "bush" and riverside camps are usually ocupied by the other land users (mt. bikers) so come early and hope for the best. The KOA south of town is very unfriendly to Jeepers and others that might need to work on their equipment.

GaryM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can attest to what GaryM said about the KOA. We stayed there Memorial Day weekend and got nothing but hassles from the guy who runs the place. He gave us grief for sitting outside and talking after 10pm. I asked everyone around us the next morning if we were bothering anybody and not one other group there even heard us. I mean this guy running the place was a real ass about it. We called him the Gestapo!

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks for the info. I can't wait for Easter.

CJ-8, 4.0, NP435, D44 x D60, 4w Disc, 2" Wrangler springs, SOA, 1" Body lift, 35" TSL SX

CJ-6, Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode