ARGH...stupid clutch problems, still!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

ARGH...stupid clutch problems, still!!!

Okay, my Jeep's at a dealership at the moment and I went out today to pick it up and tow it to a friends house to fix the master cylinder. Well, when my friend took a look at it he said the master cylinder's fine and it seems to be the slave. ARGH! The dealership said the master was leaking!! This blows so hard...I've been without my Jeep for 3 weeks now and now this! The clutch had just been replaced at this dealership before I bought it and my friend said the slave should of been replaced at the same time. What do you think? I don't think it was. So now I get to battle with the dealership over who's paying. I don't have the time currently to drop the tranny out and replace the damn thing. So should the slave of been replaced? Also, if I have them drop the tranny, should I have any other work done? I was thinking of dropping a new rearmain seal in there, just to make sure it doesn't leak. I'd appreciatte all the help I can get! I'm gonna call them tomorrow and bicker it out. The bad thing is is that this dealership is like 30 miles+ away and I can't just drive there and back. Thanks a bunch!

1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, all stock...but not for long!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 11:35 PM
sas87yj

Re: ARGH...stupid clutch problems, still!!!

sorry to here about the clutch probs![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

don't know what to tell you about the dealer!

good luck though, and hope to see you jeep'n soon![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ARGH...stupid clutch problems, still!!!

Should the dealer have replaced the slave cylinder? Yes, but-

If you paid to have the clutch replaced you would have that work included just to be safe.

If the guy you bought the jeep from paid the dealer to replace the clutch, then maybe he did not authorize them to do it to save money knowing that the Jeep was to be sold.

If the dealer owned the Jeep and did the repair prior to selling, then they wouldn't do anything that they wouldn't have to make the Jeep run.

I have had dealers tell me that the problem is one thing and reality was totally different. Take the jeep to a good non-dealer repair shop and have it fixed. I may be your turn to take the hit. Sorry.

Kriss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode