*ThinkJeep* seats....any good??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

*ThinkJeep* seats....any good???

I need new seats for my '80 CJ-5, any comments about these seats from Rosser would be appreciated. I just want plain black, something that will wear and weather well. I have seen alot of aftermarket seats with busted backs, and a lot of them seem to sit up higher than original---don't need them! Thanks

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 01:17 AM
Old Hand

Re: *ThinkJeep* seats....any good???

I have some Think Jeep Seats in light gray. They are very well made. I have had mine for two years and they look new still. The vinyl is very heavy stuff and they ride so much better than factory seats! They are a tad bit wider which is nice on those bumpy washboard roads.

They sit up a little higher...but it is hard to tell since my old seats (factory) were almost flat.

Hank
88 YJ (sort of)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 04:19 PM
jsmith

I wouldn't buy anything from Rosser if they were the last place on earth to get Jeep parts. I would sell the Jeep first.

Is it done yet??!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 04:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try Mastercraft - They are making seats for Jeeps now. There are several articles on mastercraft's seats on ORC. The latest one was about their "Rubicon" seats for Jeeps.
Here's the link -
http://www.off-road.com/projectjeep/mastercraft/

Not sure if they make one for the CJ5, but it might be worth a look.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 05:25 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Come on jsmith - tell is how you really feel about Rosser [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 05:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The seats from Rosser are fine, have had mine for like 4 years and dont have a complaint at all... weather and ride well...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 06:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] We bought some seats from Rosser, and they are real nice. We like the extra width of the seat bottoms and they fit well up against our new console. The edges of the seat bottoms sort of wrap up on each side for good lateral support. I have to add, however, that we do not have even ONE MILE on this Jeep yet so I can't really attest to the roadworthyness from an as-tested perspective. I think if anyone has a problem with a supplier, that you should not be bashful as far as letting them know. If it were me, I would be on that website and stating whatever the problem was. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 06:32 PM
sas87yj

i've got some black think jeep seats by rosser that were in it in feb when i bought jeep. they look nice and ride well. high back. very sturdy for my bad back and i'm 6'5" @ 210 lbs. taken many 300 mile day trips and never a sore back.

mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe a sore butt though![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 05:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm...The seats sound ok, one ugly vote on Rosser though!

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2000, 06:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi There,
I like the rosser seats, but I don`t like there logo on it. Therefor I bougth other ones with a more original look. See following page: http://www.thejeep.com/seats/
The seats are absolut super, and for shure You can cover them in mut and just wash everything off.
Andreas

a german jeeper in germany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode