CJDave...now we started something! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJDave...now we started something!

OK Try this!
Put Your rosted metal in orange juice (a natural one) for 2 - 4 days, than wash the metal, You will see the rost is gone. (THIS IS NOT A JOKE)
Andreas

a german jeeper in germany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 05:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Rost on smal removable parts!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yep.....I can understand that.....the citric acid acted on the FE2O3X2H2O(rust) and made it come off. I once had an office desk with a kind of grey top which was sort of a soft material. It got real greasy and I never could get it clean. One day I spilled a cuppa coffee and what do you know.....the coffee got all the grease and crud off the desktop.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJDave...now we started something!
Guess what we Germans do if somebody get a bad stomache?
We give him warm coke with no bubbles (I don`t know the right word for it) and brezels. One hour later there are OK!!!
(again ..... this no joke!)
Andreas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

...an other one....
Your windsheld wipers are not working....I is raining like hell! What are You doing?
...Cut an apple in 1/2 and wipe the cutted have over Your windsheld....You will see the water somehow disapers in a smal film and You can clearly see for a longer while...

(But get the wipers fixed!!)

Andreas

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 01:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Are we going to get around to the trick of using pork rinds in the connecting rod bearings? Out here in Californey, we call that sort of stuff "Oaklahoma Fixes". [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Hmmmm......I gotta remember that Apple idea. I can just stick my windsheild wiper arm in the apple halve and then just use that instead of a rubber wiper. In fact, the heavy duty version could use THREE apple halves on the wiper arm......sort of the truck and bus application.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 02:58 PM
Way Outta Control

Question: Guess what I used to degrease Truck engines, frames, and running gear with while in Alaska?

Answer: Anyone care to guess?

Question: How do you clean your concrete for cheap?

Answer: Put a slurry of wood ash and water on the concrete, let it dry and brush it up... stain's gone.

Remember coffee and tea has tannic acid in it...a natural de-greaser.

Use vinegar to neutralize and de-grease bear metal before painting... the paint will stick better...

Good Jeepin'

Larry
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 05:46 PM

Re: CJDave...now we started something!

We native Florida Crackers, use a potato half and rub down the windshield, when the wipers don't work. Also you can bake what is left on the exhaust manifold for later.

Happy Trails
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what's a "brezel"?

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 06:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Doug,....I THINK Germans sometimes use that name instead of "pretzel" because the word pretzel came from "bracels" (sp)...(little arms)...since the pretzel resembled a person with their arms folded. I'm pretty sure that my explanation is at least somewhere near correct, but I offer it semi-conditionally until the true explanation is forthcoming.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hummm, I thought "pretzel" was a German word. I have German body and a French name, but my mind thinks in Texan. No wonder I can't get anything straight.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode