Where to get FREE Jeep catalogs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Where to get FREE Jeep catalogs?

I flat out refuse to buy a vendor's parts catalogs... So anyone know which ones offer free catalog requests online or otherwise?

I clicked my way to get one from Rosser the other day, and was wondering which other ones are available? I am already getting the JC Whitney ones too...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where to get FREE Jeep catalogs?

David,silly man. What a good question. I can give you my two favorites. www.4wd.com (fourwheeldrivehardware. My favorite. They have always given me a great service!)They have a good catalog, too. Also, www.quadratec.com I have spent over 4,000.00 w/ 4wd hardware. I really like them.One more thing, never, ever, ever use Acme. They charged my debit card over 700.00 and shipped me F & R seats and consoles for a Ford F250 Crewcab. I have never owned one. I had ordered a rack but cancelled. I ended up bouncing 4 checks b/c of this. I have some more. I will put them on here when I find them!! Chad

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,Tomkin tire combo,etc,etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 08:42 PM

http://www.quadratec.com
I was just there....looks like they are putting their catalog online.

Try this one too:
http://www.4wdh.com

'79 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 09:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found another one. Its www.jeepdoc.com Its ran by a couple in Tn named John and Cindi Krage. I have dealt w/ them before with good results. They might not have a catalog. As I was saying, fourwheel drive hardware (4wd.com) is the best I have come across. There tech dept has always been very knowledgable. The sales people are generally very friendly. I like their prices (on most things) and they have never screwed up an order. I also order a lot from rossier but their catalog costs 7.00 w/ a 7.00 gift certificate enclosed. I try not to get everything from them b/c I live in Al and they make me pay sales tax. Have you decided if you are going to be in Chattanooga you slacker??? Let me know if you need anymore. I like to keep a Jeep library due to my frequent foul-ups! Chad

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,Tomkin tire combo,etc,etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Check Rosser's site again - I just got their catalog FREE (yeah, it used to be a pay deal, maybe they screwed up!)

Thanks for the links guys - I am ordering tham as fast I see you guys put up the links.

It sure looks like I will be wrenching at home this weekend instead of heading to Rosser. Hopefully I will help a buddy finish up bobbing the bed of his Toyota truck (took 17" out of the back!) and get the Jeep running [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I may even try to fab up a temp. steering setup to get the Jeep mobile so I can move it around the yard and down thr street to my friend's shop to work on it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you are looking for parts, you could also try Essentially Off Road in Murfreesboro, TN. I am friend's with the owners and they have always shot me some pretty straight pricing. That is still kinda local (keep money close to home!) but you won't have to pay state sales tax. They are also planning to have full online ordering in the next few weeks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] http://www.essentiallyoffroad.com

If you call them, tell Rocky I sent ya [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Any more?

I noticed the BBS was picking up again for the day so I am dragging this back up - I know some of you have some more places to get catalogs for drooling over or figureing out how to copy & improve someone else's parts [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Come on... Share 'em [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by ARD

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Any more?

Thanks ARD - I already get the Toyota PP book - I forgot all about the Jeep one [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 03:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Honestly about the only catalog that you will really need is the one from 4WD Hardware. You could practically build a complete Jeep from them. I have spent a ton of cash with them and have had nothing but great customer service and products. I have ordered from Rosser and both times got the wrong parts. There are a few things needed for swaps and performance that 4WD doesn't have and Summit gets my nod for most of those things.

'75 CJ5,258,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 03:18 PM
Can't Get Enough

For just Parts for any vehicle, Norhtern Auto Parts gets the nod. When I rebuilt my engine, I saved a fortune by going through them. There at www.northernautoparts.com

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (NOT, Fire Fire Everywhere)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode