CJ to YJ front Clip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJ to YJ front Clip

anyone do this swap? I want a YJ hood, Grill, and Fenders, Is it a bolt in? minor trimming? major work?

Thanks

Boston Mangler
CJ7, T18, Dana20, Scout 44's F&R, Detroits F&R, 4:56 Gears, SOA, Hi-Steering, York, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:31 AM

Re: CJ to YJ front Clip

The only problem I can foresee is the attachment of the grill. I have YJ fenders with a cj hood and grill and that meant some fender trimming, because the grill sits farther back than the mounting holes for the fenders to grill. I don't know if this would be compensated by the grill holes or not. HOpe this helps and isn't completely confusing

CJay

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 12:35 PM
Keyboard Implanted

other than me laughing at you.. it bolts right on.. why?? why would you want a yj???

~~Elusive~~
tj-7 thingy..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 03:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What?!? Come on mangler, why would you want to do that. The CJ front is so much cooler! I could see you swapping the cj tub for the galvanized yj tub, but why the front? If you do go that way though, I'll buy your cj Grille

0|||0 <----- that's what you want to look like isn't it?

to each his own i guess

Tom

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 04:19 PM

Why would you want to swap to the square headlights?
I realize that just about evrey CJ owner out there wants to swap the old rusty CJ frame and tubs, for the superior YJ frame, tub, and suspension. But even if rusted beyond recognition, they always retain the grill adorned with preciuose round headlights. Youll be the laughing stock of the CJ community. I(and my squared eyed YJ) regularly have to administer at least a mild trail butt kicking of my CJ brethren, before they realize that the grill cosmetics have nothing to do with climbinology. And mine came with square lights. To swap over Im affraid you may end up as a social outcast somewhere between two factions. Though I have come to understand, the CJ mentality, and there uncontrollable instinct to try to hang on to everything old and aniquated untill it rusts out from under them, and yes, I even babble their language(karbarator,brokunsteerin, wearzzafloorbords, etc). But I know that they are still quietly watching me, suspiciously as I wheel and frollic freely amongst them. Is this the kind of cursed Jeepin existance, that you seek? Nothing good come of such a maligned marriage of parts. I just hope you have thick skin, and can wheel like a billygoat. Or just rethink this crazy notion.
Please, No hate mail,. You know how sensitive, I can be.
BWHahahahahahahahahaha.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
"PLING" Hmm,What was that noise???....Awww probably nothing.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 08:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that the best thing to happen to the TJ Wrangler was the round head lights. I lamented the day that Jeep went square, never to be round again I feared. (Now if they could only just get rid of those pesky air bags.......!)

Kriss

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 10:49 PM

Hey Mangler, if Orion doesnt get your grill, maybe I can have it for my own yet better understood amalgamation. I have a sammi with ROUND headlights which I think is a saving grace umungst jeepsters, now all I need is your grill and Ill be a wolf in sheeps clothing!! LOL. Hope whatever your doing works real well. Good luck. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys not everybody likes the cj look I want to do this same thing but need to find the parts cheap enough. Unless someone wants to trade. My front clip is in pretty good shape but has fiberglass fenders.
John

88 XJ ltd some mods. 92 XJ quite a few mods. 98 TJ dad's & mine joint toy stock more or less . & now a beater 79 CJ7 soon to be a non beater I hope
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 05:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the bashing and the little (and i mean little) help. Now i see why "Jo-Jo" is leaving. I prefer the square headlights, its my rig, i pay for it, i do all the work and therefore it is my decision. Has anyone ever seen me bash anyone for silly mods they wanted to make? Like installing a 1 piece axle in a worthless AMC20 housing(i have seen 2 of the break in 1 day)? NO
I have a tranny from a J-truck, an engine from a cherokee (soon), axles from a Scout, steering from a Wagoneer and seats from a Toyota Supra. I think it is VERY far from being a Classic CJ!!! If it was a classic CJ, i would stick to the 0||||0 for sure. I think the front clip will match great with the YJ tub i install at some point!!

Have A Great Day

Boston Mangler
CJ7, T18, Dana20, Scout 44's F&R, Detroits F&R, 4:56 Gears, SOA, Hi-Steering, York, etc...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 06:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why would you want to swap to the square headlights?
***** I think it looks better, easier to find, and isnt it the same nice metal the non rusting YJ tubs have?

But even if rusted beyond recognition, they always retain the grill adorned with preciuose round headlights.
***** Personal preference.

Youll be the laughing stock of the CJ community.
***** Those that laugh are just ignorant, plain and simple. I have never laughed or poked fun at anyone because i know that each person has there own style.

before they realize that the grill cosmetics have nothing to do with climbinology.
***** and this is why i am wondering why yall making such a fuss?

And mine came with square lights. To swap over Im affraid you may end up as a social outcast somewhere between two factions.
***** I am not building my truck to make friends and/or join social circles, although i have met a lot of great people along the way. Anyone that comments or downs anothers rig for any reason isnt someone i would like to talk with anyway

Though I have come to understand, the CJ mentality, and there uncontrollable instinct to try to hang on to everything old and aniquated untill it rusts out from under them, and yes,
***** That is just plain dumb

I agree with Jo Jo that this forum is going Downhill FAST. As fast as a CJ with square lights!!

Boston Mangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode