TJ warranty question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

TJ warranty question

Can any type of lift be installed and still maintain the factory warrenty? All I need is 1". Hmmm?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TJ warranty question

Most likely.... BUT that depends on your dealer......
I have a 98 TJ that remain stock for 3 days before I put on a 4" lift, twice I've taken mine in for warranty work and
no problems what so ever

good luck
Mike

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 4"'s and 33"s on my TJ. I have had mine back for the exhaust manifold twice,Water on floor twice, cat converter twice, starter once, and a/c once. They always give me a hard time... but they did it.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
OverMost 4wd Club President
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 11:58 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Sorry to say, but it is dealer dependent. We have had warranty work refused at one dealership and honored at another, so guess which one we go to. If you find a decent one that will stand behind you and doesn't think 4 wheeling is "evil", you're all set, stick with them. I've even had a dealership try to say that because I'm running 31's on the TJ, the the Cat blew apart. I'd go in and ask, but make sure to get it in writing, otherise they will lie and not honor it at their whim. No offense to those honest dealers out there, but I have seen 1 dealership in 17 years of car buying (about 50 dealerships) that is honest and won't try to take advantage of you, especially in a crisis. Just FYI, it's Darlings Auto Mall in Ellsworth, Maine.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 01:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey,
I built a 98 TJ for my best friend. Its a sahara, with an automatic, now sporting a TeraFlex S3T 3" suspension lift that we actually got 4" out of, a 1" TeraFlex aluminum body lift, BFG 33" M/Ts on American Racing AR39 wheels, a Warn XD9000I on the front bumper, which is a custom ARB unit. Its been to the dealer for miscellaneous repairs, such as radiator leak, trans noise, etc. They call it the "Monster Truck" and enjoy working on it. They call it "awesome" and argue over who gets to work on it so they can test drive it. He's had no problems at all. The only thing the dealer has said to us is dont expect them to warranty any of the aftermaket parts we installed, which is perfectly fine by us. I asked them about when we install the custom Currie Dana 60s, and they said no problem, but we wont be warranty repairing them either. FAIR ENOUGH FOR US! Good luck, and if the dealer gives you any hell, refer to the "Magnusen-Moss" warranty act. teach them the ways. They cant deny you warranty service unless they can, in writing, prove that your mods caused the part to break. Dont be afraid!

mikey

98 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport Plus, 5.9L 360, auto, Locked, 3.92s, BFG A/T KOs, tows my CJ-7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode