How old were you when you started wheelin'? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 03:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How old were you when you started wheelin\'?

Here is a pic of my son, he is three and already GETTIN' IT AWN![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Even if it is in RocknCJ's truck.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] How old were you when you first started wheelin'?

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.

http://www.austinjeeper.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 03:47 PM
TEX

Re: How old were you when you started wheelin\'?

<font color=purple>12 on a dirtbike, 19 in a 4x4.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was 14 when I started in my bros jeep .. I turned 15 got my first Wrangler... turned 17 sold it and just got a CJ7... Now currently building it

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'79 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 04:00 PM

He knows which CJ is always the first to the top.

He he he [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Good judgment comes from bad experiences, bad experiences come from bad judgment.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 04:40 PM

I was 16,when I bought an old CJ, think it was a 1947, green
with spare tire mounted on the right side rear, and a half top,a flat head four amd 3speed. I ran every sand trail and mudhole I could find around Tampa.
Happy Trails

Happy Trails
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 05:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've been dirt biking for a few years now. But I'm 15 and rebuilding my first Jeep now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you can't break it, Try Harder[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
79 CJ-7/304/T-150 I think/Dana20/No tires(yet)/rust[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
[email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 05:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I HAD GO CARTS, 3 WHEELERS, AND MOTOR CYCLES WHILE GROWING UP BUT I REALLY STARTED AT 16 WHEN I GOT MY JEEP. STILL GOT IT TOO.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 05:44 PM
Journeyman

1962, I was 4 years old and I had my first Jeep ride and first boat ride in the same day. My Dad's boss's kid had the Jeep. I was pretty freaked out to be riding around in a truck with no doors!!!! Then he took us out on a small private lake in an old ChrisCraft woody. What a great experience that was. I really didn't start wheelin' until the last year. Everything prior to that was simple trails and logging roads. Now I just want to get out so I can get to more remote fishing spots in the mountains.

Brit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 07:00 PM
Old Hand

Got some Stomper 4x4s when they first came out. Still have them.
Got the riding lawn mower stuck in mud puddles as soon as I was old enough to drive it.
Got a Clod Buster radio control in high school. Has 6" boggers, 4wd, 4 wheel steering.
Bought the Jeep after college. Started wheeling it 3 years ago.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

started when i was 12. that was when I got my 4 wheeler. did everything possible in it. All of my friend had one and when we weren't playing football, baseball or basketball we were out in the county on the 4 wheelers. There was about 4 that went almost every day. Checked fence rows through swamps, crossed rivers, ponds, lakes, streams, pastures, clear cuts, thick Alabama woodlands and even thicker Alabama brush. Got a farm car for my 15th birthday, those of you that have ever seen an old car with no trunk lid, bald tires, no paint, no windows, etc., know what I am talking about. Oh yeah, don't forget the constant brush, limbs, logs, etc. strapped to the roof. For my 16th birthday I got a 10 year old Ford Ranger 2wd, gave it hell for 2 years in every mudhole and on every trail and dirtroad I could find. For a senior in high school I got a new Isuzu 4x4 pickup. That thing was extra tough, you could get it stuck, but had to try and I never broke anything, they overbuilt those trucks. Just wish it wasn't IFS. For those of you that don't know Isuzu is contracting with chevy to build thier Hombre(big mistake) pick-up. Isuzu wanted to increase the warrenty on these trucks to the same as thier SUV's, chevy wouldn't agree. Now, in 2002, Isuzu will take back over production (after contract expires)of their trucks, and offer that great warrenty(10 years/120,000 mi.-powertrain). That was my favorite compact truck(don't consider the Dakota compact enough). Enough rambling, got my '90 YJ and did some work and it is better than them all off road.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode