Not much yet, but it's a start - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 11:35 PM
cj7jeep

Not much yet, but it\'s a start

Thought i would post a picture of the start of the rebuild of my CJ7. If all goes right someday it will have a Chevy 350, sm465/np205, and full width axles. Thanks to everyone on this board for all the info i have piled up over the last few years. I wish i could knock stuff out like H8MONDAY, it would be done in a week.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-199523-jeep1.jpg (70.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 11:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Not much yet, but it\'s a start

well it looks like a start. 1/2 the fun of owning a jeep is building it. and as everyone know you are never done building it. good luck and post pic's as you go along and keep us posted.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 11:46 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

So how`s the body tub ? What are your plans for it ? Frame looks nice .

Jeff

<font color=red>

Happy Owner of a 1979 CJ5
Almost finished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ( Ya Right ! )</font color=red>

<font color=blue>There`s No Such Thing As Surface Rust</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 12:05 AM
cj7jeep

Well the original tub is used and abused. found bondo around the rear corners and rockers when i painted it in '91. Put it on its side in '93, not much damage. I have a sweet tub that i traded parts for. It has steel diamond plate on the rockers and rear wheel wells. A hot rod builder rebuilt the tub for his son, then the kid gave up on it. Summer is killing me without a Jeep, been going topless in the summer since '91.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 12:42 AM
Keyboard Implanted

hmmm a good time for a shackle reversal... and it would also provide you a good place to mount some outboard spring perches for those full size axles

~~Elusive~~
tj-7 thingy..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 02:12 AM
cj7jeep

You got it Elusive. I am using a combo of ideas from you and Jeepn (THANKS). I am using the 4"x4" angle iron in the front to mount the hangers outboard. Thought it would be stronger than seperate brackets on the sides of the frame. What do you think about shackle reversals, saw you did it on Chris's tj7.
I will be going spring over with my 4" springs mounted on Chevy axles. Building it to play in the mud. Should i reverse the shackles with this setup. I have read both good and bad about it. Any input would be appreciated.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 08:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

shackle reversals have good points and bad like you mentioned.. we have gone over and over them here..but if your just gunna be in mud or on the street, I can't see why not.. it helps get rid of the slop in the steering..again for the mud... tire size is extemely important, but horse power makes all the difference. I really like how mine turned out, but i don't drive it everyday..if i had to drive it a ton.. i think it would be fine.. every now and then i drive it to the mud bogs(8 miles of highway) but thats about all the road it sees

~~Elusive~~
tj-7 thingy..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode