Thoughts on Bridgestone Dueler M/T's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Thoughts on Bridgestone Dueler M/T\'s?

I am getting a set of Bridgestone Dueler M/T's for the Willys tomorrow.
The set of four new tires is costing me $132.00 for installation, balancing, and cost of tires.
I am getting $361.92 for the firestone ATX's I am returning for the recall.
Without the recall money the job would have cost $493.92 for the tires, installation, and balancing.

My question is, what are your thoughts on this tire.
Is it a good tire for mud and rocks?
It will see more rock than it will mud, so take this into account.
How are the sidewalls on them?
I also drive around a lot of cactus and mesquite brush.
Should I get the gooey pink stuff put in them so I won't have a problem with flats as much?
If you can, give me a general overview of the tire.
Also, does anybody know how many plies this tire is?
All I could find out about it is that it has a load rating of 'C'.
I know this usually has something to do with the number of plies.
Load range 'C' most times has less plies than a 'D' or 'E' rated tire for example.
Thanks for the help if you can give it.

"I see." the blind man said to the deaf woman.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Re: Thoughts on Bridgestone Dueler M/T\'s?

just bringing back to the top.
I read some more reports on this tire.
It is supposed to be equivilant to the BFG M/T, but quieter on the highway, last longer, and have stickier rubber.

"I see." the blind man said to the deaf woman.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 06:58 AM
sas87yj

i looked at them at codtco the other day. i also had some firestoned recall atx's which i did not purchase but were on the jeep when i bought. ended up getting goodyear wrangler at/s. 30x9.50x15. had a heck of a time trying to find a way to get the tire i wanted and some dough for the firestones. el campo tire gave me $62.30 for each.

anyway i don't remember the tread or sidewall plys. it had moderate tread-not too agressive. i was considering it as costco was offering me $60 for each old tire. i just didn't want another bridgestone/firestone at this time.

guess you havn't seen them yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 07:40 AM
Can't Get Enough

I had a set on my cj-7 for close to 90k miles. I think that they are some of the best tires ever made. Very round, almost wasting your money to balance them, and very strong. For a pure highway tire, I won't put anything else on my cars. I used to use Mechelin's, but they wanted to hydro-plane too easy.

I think that the whole Firestone tire thing is funny. In my opinion, Firestone tires are the worst tires ever made, and Bridgstone tires are some of the finest. If you could trade your Firestones in on Bridgstones, jump on it! I will personally gaurentee that you will never be disappointed with the Duellers. Ask somebody that has a 4-runner, most of them came stock with the Bridgstones.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 01:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ran them on my YJ. After 18k miles they were about half worn and I noticed a huge difference in traction. I went with the pro-comp M/T's and am very impressed with them so far. They are quieter and seem to have a much softer ride on the road and haven't given me anything but smiles off road, especially in mud and climbing. I got the package deal from 4 wheel parts wholesalers on the beadlocked rockcrawlers (before they started selling those wimpy streetlocks). Check out the article in Petersen's 4wheel and off-road June 2000 edition page 52. Just one guy's opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode