Another UPS "accident" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Mac

Another UPS \"accident\"

A buddy of mine sent a tranny UPS. Well let me just say that it never reached it destination. They found the crate with the top pryed open in back of one of there depo's. He did insure it for 2x what is was worth. But now just the hastle of the claim.

I will never ship something through UPS again. Too may ACCIDENTS!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Mac [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Another UPS \"accident\"

That is total BS. I hope they catch the rat, and string him up by his gonads.
I Hate Theives

BJ

See you on the pilf side
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me, I ordered a Bestop from carparts.com, all the UPS people found was a empty box. Took me 3 weeks of hassle to finaly get my top.

Oh, and don't even get me started with how they brake stuff... Lets put it this way...the broke the back bone in my Warn 9500 winch I ordered, someone droping packages off the top of buildings?

Luke

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 10:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i am a supervisor for ups in philly, and there is pretty much no way to get around people stealing, especially when you see the stuff that goes through the place. i can honestly say that the will probably find the person who did it, and they will go to jail. ups presses charges no matter what was stolen. as for the broken packages, you have to remember, my shift alone does about 140,000-150,000 packages a night, just that amount of volume causes packages to jam on moving convayor belts, and heavy packages literally crush lighter ones. now that ive just defended the place that beats the sh*t out of me, im going to jump off the nearest bridge.
gleas

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've never received ANYTHING shipped UPS that wasn't damaged in some way. You should ship everything FedEx anyway. FedEx pilots are a lot better looking.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 11:45 PM

flyallnite, I am assuming you fly for FedEx?
FedEx is a good company and I have to say that they will do almost anything to keep the customers happy.
I know they are not allowed to carry anything living, but they carried me when they found me in the middle of nowwhere wrecked on the sied of the road.
I never found out the name of the guy who took me to civilization so I could thank him.
I didn't ask him when I was riding with him because I had hit my head on the road pretty hard (I had tar stuck in my hair)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].
Anyway, this guy went beyond the call of duty so I could get some medical attention fairly quickly.
If you ever have a FedEx guy tell you a story like this, tell him thank you for his services.
By the way, the rest of that summer people called me 'FedEx' hehe.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"I see." the blind man said to the deaf woman.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm I have a pickup, like to travel, like wheeling. I think i might open a 4x4 courier service and lugs peoples parts all around the country and wheel when i get to the destination (must be some wheeling if they are doing mods right?). Apparently everyone hates UPS

Hmmmmmmmm

Boston Mangler
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not me! I've had tons of stuff shipped by UPS for my CJ rebuild. Everything came quickly and in great condition. They are like any company. Quality depends on the people working there. Most are good but unfortunately some are bad.

They can kill you but they can't eat you! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think something that a lot of people don't even think about, and is fast too........try shipping amtrak. 31 cents a pound anything over 100#. not bad.

tj
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] "it was a '76, '77, '78, '79...'83 automobile!" (johnny cash)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 02:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i for one use ups daily here at work and have had few problems, but then again i am shipping very FRAGILE fixtures..as for other stuff, never a problem. truckers, well thats another story. but as said above, it depends on the people, and i hope the scumbag gets nailed for stealing.

big,mean,loud,fast,and oh so pretty. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode