Do any of you go four wheeling? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 08:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do any of you go four wheeling?

Of course.
I would like to see if any of you guys have the balls to go over the Williamsburg Bridge at 45 mph and hit a pot hole that causes your engine mounts to rip apart and makes the fan go right thru the rad? Huh, any of you done that?.... And then call AAA and wait 3 hours in Brooklyn with your CJ with no top on...not that's called courage.

Just kidding here. Not too many places to wheel here in NYC. The few trails open (1-4 hours away) are being closed down.

I'm gonna have to move to the midwest...soon.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Do any of you go four wheeling?

What........John.......you didn't chain your engine mounts?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well that's ok, I learnt the hard way too.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You could move over here.......hey, wait a minute.......they're closing trails here too.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

BTW, I 'wheel as much as possible, all year round, at least once a week if not two or three times sometimes. The nearest trail head is only about 45min away. Not to rub it in, but I couldn't amagine living that far away from a decent trail. Well, at least your making the big bucks right? Then you can move once you've got the nest egg goin' on.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

jo-jo
http://island4x4.com/ <font color=red>Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada...eh!</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Jo-jo. Nice Website. I hope the business is doing ok.

The engine mounts broke before you told me about the chains. When I installed the new mounts I did as you told me.

Thanks.

John C.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 05:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the kind words John![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm actually not too happy with the web site right now. I just redesigned it and I should have the new design up in a couple days. The problem is I'm already not happy with the new design.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been concentrating on landscaping and selling Jeep parts so far this year because it was more of a sure thing for paying the bills. I just decided to take out a loan though, and I'll be buying some gear to get the web design thing off the ground. Problem there is I've forgotten half the stuff I learned so I have to go back and do some re-learning.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

The web site will be growing very rapidly as soon as I get a digital camera, and a few other goodies. I want to really beef up the content (which is really lacking right now), and add some more interactive features. I'm not doing the Island4x4.com site to make money (after all it's a small island), but it gives me something to show as an example of my work, and it's fun.

I bought a new 450mhz computer a few months ago since the P90 started to die on me again. Thanks to you though, I now have two computers. I just bought a second monitor for $25, and I have the P90 set-up for the wife/business partner. I just have to reformat that drive you gave me; it's gotten a little buggy with all the programs I've loaded and removed over the last year or so, and buy some more RAM.

We are also trying to think of a good idea for an online service/community for profit. Any ideas?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Take care!

jo-jo
http://island4x4.com/ <font color=red>Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada...eh!</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode