is there a difference between scrambler flares and - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

is there a difference between scrambler flares and

the other models? i dont want to pay 2 bills if other cheapr flares will work..7s are like 50$..whya re scrambler flares so expensive?

big,mean,loud,fast,and oh so pretty. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 09:26 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: is there a difference between scrambler flares and

Only the rear. The front are the same. The rear are longer than the CJ ones and since less were produced, they cost more. Don't know if it's right, but it sounds good. They're also smaller than the TJ flares, I just checked by holding my removed Scrambler flares up to the TJ's.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got the wide flares on my scrambler. Bought Wrangler (YJ) flares and you have to trim the interior of the rear flares to fit. My husband trimmed for a while. They are Xenon flares. I would think that regular Wrangler flares would work, but wranglers have that rocker panel edge at the front of rear flares. We've bought the flares for the scrambler in the past and paid big bucks before we got the wider tires (axles, actually) and went for the wide flares. They did just bolt right up though.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i'm running 35x12.5 mud kings and xenons 6" flares were on it. i immediately took them off. they stick way too far out for my taste and the 35s don't warrent such a big flare..my tires only stick out an inch or two the most from the tub. That could be to improper backspacing, but since i have yet to drive my new scrambler, i cant make that decision, which means that i have to hold off on flares until i find out whether or not the backspacing is ok..

big,mean,loud,fast,and oh so pretty. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 03:52 PM
I Do This For The Glory

If you're interested I have some stock ones in good shape I just removed. Maybe we could do some sort of swap if you're not going to use them.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 09:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

if you want the xenons, i would be happy to swap..they are just way to big for me..i ups daily out of work so let me know..

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 10:50 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Yes, thanks, check your private e-mail.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode