Went to haspin acres this weekend - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Went to haspin acres this weekend

Had a great time. Got the sh$t scared out of me on the devils backbone, but what's wrong with a rush now and then.
My buddies dad got his 97 TJ's windshield broke, headlight BLOWN (w/ a snatch strap)out of it and ripped the back bumper 1/2 way out of it. Man, there's a lot of DRUNK(big time) people out there. And nobody on quads or bikes wear helmets.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I don't mean to sound like a prude but still.......
Anyway lots of jeeps and fun. Even got to see a late model chevy burn in the woods.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
I was really hoping by chance to meet someone from here.(you never know)
I just had to say I had a good time after being cooped up all summer [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] with my messed up back.(yes I'm sore and my theropist is going to be really pissed off)
MAN I MISSED DOING THIS ALL SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just waiting for the surgeon general to ban Jeeps for being too addictive
http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:15 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Went to haspin acres this weekend

Hey Dirt, where is Haspin Acres? It's too far for me down here in SC, but I know a couple of farm boys in Ohio that are always looking for a local place to roam!! Let me know...

Drew

<font color=red>IN2DEEP 78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 35" BFGS </font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Hey.....how did I miss the fact that you were a "casualty"? Was that a work thing? DRAT! Back in-jerries are no fun. Does this mean that you aren't working down at the yard? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 04:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Dirt Dog, where you from in Ohio? I'm from Cincinnati. I love Haspin Acres but I've only been there with my atv. I cant wait to truck there. Maybe we can meet up there sometime.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

To answer all the above questions.......
Haspin is just south of connersville Indiana.
Dave.... it's been almost 3 months now (a hyrniated(?) disc pinching on a nerve on my leg. It's getting better but I'm still not right. Thats why I haven't been on here that much lately, cause it hurts to sit too long. I'm a (stupid) diehard, I haven't missed a day at work .......although an hr here and there for physical theropy.
And last but not least...... I'm 20 miles N of Dayton in troy. Let me know if we can hook up sometime.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 09:14 PM
mudracer

I went to Haspin for the first time back in June. It is a wild place. Seems like anything goes. Not many Jeeps, just ATV's, bikes and buggies. Gotta go when it's muddy or I think it would be ho-hum. Did ya see the ATV dragstrip?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
'80 CJ-7 trail machine
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

The dragstrip was a dustbowl!!!!, but traction in the woods was perfect.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did you climb the devils backbone? I had a pretty good "pucker" going on that one.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
I did get some good video of a friends cruiser getting sideways 3/4 to the top and on 2 wheels.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, I live in Detroit, but I am originally from Springfield, OH. My family all still lives down there. I have been to haspen once, and I saw a chevy on 38's that was completely sunk to the floorboards, and a little over actually. The funniest thing is that the ground surrounding the vehicle was completely SOLID. Turns out they were wheelin at about 10:30-11:00 at night, and it was pouring. They got it stuck, and then it dried up and was realy realt sunny and hot the next day. It had completly dried the washout around it. I talked to one of the guys who was riding in it, and they said it had been like that for 11hours!!! I wish I had my camera with me then, it would have been an excellent "worst stuck" picture.

When we were there, we could not find "devil's backbone" I have heard alot of cool things about it though. We are gonna have to organize a trip out there. I don't know why that places doesn't get that much publicity. It is awesome. I especially like the camping, within the park. Saves hastle, and time.

There are alot of drunks out there though. So you have to watch your back. That is probably the worst part about it. Lets all get together for a weekend down there, maybe in september sometime.

Jesse

<font color=red> I'm not here for a long time.... I 'm here for a good time. </font color=red>
<font color=green> AOL Instant Messager:</font color=green><font color=blue> jessemyers </font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode