Hey Ozark,,, - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Hey Ozark,,,

OJ Have you been to Byrd's Adventure Center? The Roctoberfest? I was just looking through the new 4WD&su mag. and found a write up on it. Sure looks like fun. The best part about it is all the trees,,,, hehehe we have excellent rocks here in Az but not so many trees that we can run in,,, well maybe if we go up north. I hope to get out that way soon a do some of the Ark. Okl. trails. This is real ironic, I used to live in Hackett Ark. when I was oh, about 8 years old and was born in Poteau Ok. but moved shortly afterwards. Guess I will just have to go back in Style,,,, in a Jeep.
GP'n

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 06:45 PM

Re: Hey Ozark,,,

Ive spent many a night on the ground at Byrds campsite! and then wrecked the crap out of the canoes they rent the next day! the Mulberry River is a BLAST, especially right after a rain.

I have NEVER been to a Rocktoberfest, I set a goal to be ready for the one this year, but it just isnt realistic, stuff keeps coming up, and the funding wont be ready till the first of the year most probably.

OzarkJeep

"Too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb."
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 05:36 AM
jeepfreak

I live in Harrison AR and I went to Rocktoberfest last year. It was a blast. I plan on going this year as well. There arent to many events like that in this area so when when one comes along there is ussally lots a people there.

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

TIS BETTER TO HAVE JEEPED AND ROLLED THAN NEVER TO HAVE JEEPED AT ALL...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 12:41 AM
Official Historian

i went in 97 and had a great time. i didn't go in 98 due to repairs from jeep jamboree the weekend before. i skipped 99 because of the rain. i'm planning on going this year if i don't have too much homework to do that weekend.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 01:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Will, It's Arkansas You know it's either going to be super nice or nasty as hell!!! LOL!!! Last year my tent had three inches of standing water in it. We also had a few trail break downs, so by the time I brought my group back in, we were wet, tired, hungry, and we litterally were pushing one of our guys in. We came in late enough that Jewell was holding up the raffle waiting for us. Anyway here's the low down on RocktoberFest 2000. Pre-registation has not yet started but will soon I will let everyone know about it. They obsticle course we built went over so well last year that Ma Byrd has given us the OK to build it bigger about 3 times bigger. This year's charity will be the NorthWest Arkansas Community College (going towards a RockCrawler Scholarship fund). Dates are the first weekend in November. Cost is as follows: RockCrawler members $50.00, non-members $75.00 and $125.00 to compete in the King of the Rocks challenge. And the way I understand that is that's additional to your registation. There's a Raffle, BBQ, games and Fun!!! I hope to see you all there!!! RockCrawler membership information contact Jewell Bohannan @ [email protected]

Later,
SandSpyder

[b] <font color=black> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] 1995 YJ Rio Grande, 4.0 HO, 4spd. Auto, 4.56:1 w/ARB's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [b] </font color=black>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 12:01 AM
Official Historian

hey sandspyder, what are you doing saturday morning? i have two or three other friends that want to go somewhere for a few hours in the morning. most likely to weddington until noon. know of anything else going on?

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 03:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll have to check my work schedule, but I'll let you know. I'm game!!!
Later,
SandSpyder

[b] <font color=black> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] 1995 YJ Rio Grande, 4.0 HO, 4spd. Auto, 4.56:1 w/ARB's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [b] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode