Pro Comp Mud Terrains? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 12:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pro Comp Mud Terrains?

I found a well known vendor thats willing to sell me (4)33x12.5 R15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains mounted on 15x10 rockcrawlers for an extremely good price. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? I've been hearing alot about them lately and wanted to know if anyone likes\dislikes them. Thanks.
Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pro Comp Mud Terrains?

I've got those tires mounted on 15x8 black rockcrawlers and am impressed with them. There pretty quiet on the street, wear good and have very good traction off road. 4wheel parts wholesalers is selling them buy 3 get 1 fee. I would however recommend mounting them on 15x8's. You have a less likely chance of rolling the tire off the bead when aired down.

projectYJ - neverending
'95 YJ 4.0L/5spd, RE 4.5" Extreme Duty, 4.10's,
rear truetrac, 33's...SYE w/ CV driveshaft real soon.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no experience with them myself, but here is a review by someone who's opinion I trust: http://bc4x4.com/pr/2000/procomp/procomp.asp

jo-jo
http://island4x4.com/ <font color=red>Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada...eh!</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 04:21 PM
Old Hand

Good tire...siping is a big improvement over say a BFG MT. The narrow rim is a better Idea. Watch your air pressure on the road though to keep the contact right for braking!!

I run a vehicle fleet and have to preach this everyday - sorry!

Hank
88 YJ (sort of)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 08:26 PM
utahjeepr

They are a pretty decent tire. I ran them in Moab on all the 4plus trails as well as here in So Cal in some rugged rockcrawling situations and never really had any complaints. They do require a little more airing down than most other 2 ply sidewall tires, so there must be something to what they claim about having thicker plies. The traction is good, I'd say not quite as good as a well siped BFG mud but close. Having them siped with the existing siping would probably cause way to much chunking of the center lugs. The outer lugs chunk off pieces if you have a locker and love rocks, but not too bad. The sidewalls did stand up to quite a bit of abuse, but I did finally eat a sidewall 2 weeks ago. Here lies the problem, they are fairly cheap but you ain't gettin' no road hazard warranty from 4 wheel parts (I won't even go in to my intense reluctance to deal with 4 wheel parts wholestealers any more). I am replacing these tires with BFG muds for only a couple bucks more per tire (well siped in the center lugs) and for another $16 I get free replacement ( no pro-rating) road hazard warranty, on road or off. No questions asked, they fix it or replace it. Considering the average lifespan of a rockcrawling tire, I can't beat this deal.

My other car is a BULLDOZER
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have some 33x12.5 M/T's from Pro Comp. I agree with everyone above, great tire. I think I like them from the deal I got from Four wheel Parts.

I also got mine with a road hazard, free replacement with 50 percent or more of the tread, then pro-rated after that. and I got that for free!

Jason
'86 CJ-7
3" Rancho lift, 33x12.5 Pro Comp M/T,
4.10 Gears, and locker in front
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have some 33x12.5 M/T's from Pro Comp. I agree with everyone above, great tire. I think I like them from the deal I got from Four wheel Parts.

I also got mine with a road hazard, free replacement with 50 percent or more of the tread, then pro-rated after that. and I got that for free! or so they say.

Jason
'86 CJ-7
3" Rancho lift, 33x12.5 Pro Comp M/T,
4.10 Gears, and locker in front
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm going to put my order in tonight....

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 08:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

MJM-YJ has them on his rig and both us have been very impressed with their performance on the road and in Louisiana gumbo. Where's the great deal?

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode