Okay, now I'm gonna have to talk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 11:42 AM
TEX

Okay, now I\'m gonna have to talk

<font color=purple>The year I turned 10, we took a 6-week 7,500 mile trip in the old Galaxy 500 with a popup camper in tow. Residing in the backseat with me was my sister - 16 months my junior. Watching the goings-on around here over the past 24 hours, I can't help but feel that I know how my dad must have felt from the driver's seat. I've now officially pulled to the side of the road & I'm going to berate you in front of every tourist who passes by.

1) I don't give a rat's behind who started it - nobody does.
2) None of you who are involved are finishing it - I am.
3) Don't make me pull over again.

I'm sick & tired of seeing grown men with a wealth of knowledge act like a couple of kids in the back seat poking each other because they're bored crossing Kansas. In particular, DRM & TeamRush - this means you guys. Each of you continue to talk about new approaches & letting go. BULLSNOT! Neither of you have any intention of letting the slightest little thing get by at this point - and that goes for several of the other less combative types who've joined in now & then.

I thought maybe this would burn itself out. It didn't. I thought we could bury you in new threads. It didn't happen. I considered contacting DRM & TeamRush privately & discreetly. But, your fight has been anything but private & discreet. It's been about as discreet as a couple of bare butts hanging out of the back of a Galaxy 500 at 70 mph, mooning every trucker who passed.

I don't remember who started this, why it started, why it continued, what it was about, or why it isn't over yet. Nobody does. And frankly,</font color=purple><font color=red> nobody cares.</font color=red><font color=purple> I'm not going to take sides because you're both wrong & it's been so long since it started I don't really care to dig back & see what started it. I don't care who poked whom first. I don't! I only want it finished. NOW!

To the lesser combatants, I commend you for letting it drop. DRM & TeamRush, I commend each of you for continuing to pose useful information in at least part of your posts. But, I cannot overlook each of your refusals to let this little catfight end. I don't want any backtalk, excuses, or explanations. The time for all that has passed and now it's time for silence. I'm handing each of you a pocket knife and you'd each better come back with a suitable switch. And when the swatting is done, you both return to the back seat and don't open your mouths unless you have something useful to say - that's how it used to be & that's how it's gonna be. I'm so disappointed. </font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 11:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Okay, now I\'m gonna have to talk

i have refused to get involed but i have to say one thing. every reply gets a reply. if these guys really want it to stop then all they have to do is refuse to reply. if one of them does this it will all be over.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 12:19 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Tex, I admire the post, cuts to the point and is appropriate. A guy here still drives his original 500 Galaxy to work every day in the summer, and shows it on weekends.

High5, maybe, but I doubt it. It'll continue to rage onward until a higher authority is involved (ORC staff) and puts out the flames publicly. In my estimation it's gone beyond absurd, and TR's recent post didn't help any. He's already said everything 10 times, we've all heard it, but it's like the boy that cried "Wolf", no one's going to believe it until we see it. I'm not taking any sides publically, because at this point it needs to end, and my opinions on this matter are my own.

I also commend both parties for posting answers to questions, and without flame or bigotry.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 12:34 PM

My last post was just that.
ORC is involved, or at least two staff members are, and I for one intend on staying here a long time.

As for being told what to do by TEX, or anyone else... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Well, I see his point...
Let's just leave it at that so another flame thread doesn't get started.

Like I said, I'm done with it, but I'm equally sure it's not over.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, TEX, I REALLY DO! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 01:04 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Rock n Roll. Now, let's talk some Jeeps--t! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Tex. I'm glad you cut to the chase. Indeed Rock on!!!

DrummondCJ
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 02:48 PM

Check out the roll bar threads, they are getting real good!!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well it's certainly a relief to know who is driving the Galaxy 500 I've been riding in all this time. It's Daddy Tex! Now I know who to complain to when I get hungry. Or maybe ask when are we going to get there. But meanwhile, I kinda have to go to the uh...you know what I mean. Can you pleeeease pull off at the next stop? Mommy, Daddy Tex won't pull off the road, and I might have to start crying any minute now.

Yeah, I remember those trips when I was a kid. That's why I fly airplanes today. No more long road trips, ever. It's a permanent nightmare that comes back and back. They never go away (just like a Stephen King novel). And Daddy Tex, you just brought it all back. Thanks a whole bunch.

The heart, the heart, the heart...

George

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name."
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:14 PM

I hate flying commercial....
I love to fly, I just hate the planes on the commuter lines...

I always get stuck in an isle seat, no matter what I ask for, next to some huge fat guy or gal, that has places they cant reach with a washcloth... If you know what I mean....
And lets not forget the three or four screaming kids in the seats all around me with parents that just let them scream away...
Some palooka trying to stick every personal belonging he owns in the overhead compartment...
And the two hour ground delays after I've already boarded....

Hell, that's time I could have spent in the bar MAN!!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Charter or drive.
I'd rather drive than fly, even to Hawaii !!!!!!!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your post brings back many memories. I loved it. I don't know or care what happened either. I have been away for awhile and poop hits the fan. Lets get back to Jeeping. That is what we are all here for. Other wise we should go campaign for Al Bore. I would hate to see that happen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode