A flame-free 8/22 please. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

A flame-free 8/22 please.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm outa here in a few hours to do another tomato cannery job, and it would sure be nice to see some good Jeep stuff on this BBS when I get back later today. I've lost respect for some of the posters on this board because of what has gone on lately, and without going into more detail about what's happened, I would suggest this: "Before you post.....think." Don't let yourself become the helpless "victim" that algore and the democraps really want every American to be. Don't look for "oppression" where there is none; don't read things into a post that aren't there; and if the poster doesn't exactly handle you with kid gloves, well, gee, you got your question answered didn't you? We used to have a Cat mechanic here in the valley named Vern Hayworth, who knew everything that there was to know(literally) about Caterpillar tractors. He was shop forman for YEARS at Valley Tractor in Modesto. Vern was a tough, opinionated, and sometimes caustic guy. WE ALL KNEW THAT. But when the clutch was slipping on our D6, we called Vern and asked him why. AFTER he got on our asses for being so stupid as to not have such-and-such adjustment where it should be, he told us what to do, and we REMEMBERED IT! You CAN learn stuff by being spoon-fed warm milk, but more often than not, learning life's lessons is usually just a bit tougher than that. Despite what the democraps would have you believe, this ISN'T a touchy-feely world. It's about life, and death and machinery.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I'm going to have plenty of chances to kill myself today opening power panels while they are energized. If I screw up, I won't make it home tonight, and it would NOT bother me to have someone comment on why I got myself killed.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] My point is that even after sifting the threads, I can't really find a single flameworthy "issue", other than the flames themselves.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] PULEEEZE....no more rancor; we're wasting time, and a good BBS.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: A flame-free 8/22 please.

I'm just agreeing and pulling this to the top.

jsjps
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 11:09 AM

I went as far as I can to stop it.
I'm not leaving, which is what the flamers want...
And I'm going to keep on helping the people I can, which is what the flamers don't want...
And I'm going to keep calling a spade a spade, which is what the flamers don't want...

ORC is getting involved, so I'm out of the flames from this point on.
I posted my feelings, and it's addressed to the proper parties.
It's going to be interesting to see who tags it...

I've had some dealings with some here, Like CJ Dave, that stuck it out, and showed their true colors, and it was mostly the thinking crowd, the others showed the stripe...

I don't expect anyone to get into the middle of it on the BBS, so some have gone above and beyond the call of duty...
And I won't forget that either.

Later all,
Aaron.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 11:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

excellent post guys!
bringing it back to the top.....

big,mean,loud,fast,and oh so pretty. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I would suggest this: "Before you post.....think."

<hr></blockquote>

Why don't you take your own advice CJDave? Why is it that at every chance you get you have to put people down or make derogatory comments. It's always Democraps this Democraps that, Klintinods, Blacks, Homosexuals, the poor, you name it you bash it. This latest post, you just had to slam your stupid repetitious Democrap saying in there again. I would have respected your post "if" you had left the politics out.

If you just stick to Jeeps and stop being so intolerant and offending people (even if it's a minority on this board) then you might have a more peaceful place to talk about Jeeps. After all, that's what we all want, but you and others like to stir things up and then blame it on the people who call you on it.

You guys make the bed you sleep in..........cut it out with the political attacks, and the personal attacks and everything will blow over.

jo-jo
http://island4x4.com/ <font color=red>Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada...eh!</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:19 PM

You goofy bastard!!!
I'm tellin' TEX on you! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 03:55 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Too late! Don't make me come back there, now! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

You goofy bastard!!! I'm tellin' TEX on you!

<hr></blockquote>

Hey, that's better than "toilet fish" or whatever that stupid saying was![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I learned long ago to ignore name calling. Try Nigger, or Bush-bunny, or Coon or any number of other names I've had to endure over the years.

I remember being at a party when I was a teen, and this guy came up to me and said, "hey Sambo, how's it goin'". Instead of prompty beating the piss out of him, I took the time to find out why he called me that. It turns out he went to the same elementary school I went to, and all the kids used to call me Sambo so much he thought that was my real name. He appoligised, I forgave him and we had a few brews together and laughed it off.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

jo-jo (doesn't mind being called something he is not)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

jo-jo
http://island4x4.com/ <font color=red>Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada...eh!</font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jo-Jo.....see your private e-mail. I left you a message.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 06:31 PM

This may seem a little naive of me, but....

What's a 'Sambo'?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode