FOUND!! FACTORY York air bracket for Chevy SB - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

FOUND!! FACTORY York air bracket for Chevy SB

I was wandering around my local junk yard looking for a pulley (see below) when I came across an amazing find. Sitting in this '75 Chevy 10 van was a York air compressor. At first I thought I must be sticking my head in a dodge van but sure enough it was GM all the way. "Must be a custom bracket." I thought but two rows down was another Chevy van with a York. I could have $hit my self because I thought ford and AMC (Volvo?) were the only ones to use the Yorks. GM used the rotary style, like the A-6. I was thinking the only way to get a York onto a Chevy was a custom bracket, but both vans had them, one with power steering, the other without.

I'm running a small block Chevy 350 in my CJ3B and have been wanting to put on board air in it for some time, but the thought of having to fabricate a bracket turned me off, I figured I'd go with the rotary style and use an in-line oil-er.

But here's the bad news, the bracket is for a LONG water pump, I'm running a short water pump for drive-train length purposes. Thus this bracket won't work for me without some modifications. But any one of you jeepers out there using a post '69 SBC motor with the long water pump now have a factory bracket solution for the York install!

The good news, there is another bracket with a York still attached sitting at the junk yard, if somebody wants it I'd be willing to pull it for them (for a meager sure charge).

I'm currently looking for a set of double (triple?) groove pulleys for a SHORT water pump SBC motor, and the power steering pump too. If anyone out there has these, PLEASE let me know, I'm sitting here with ca$h in hand. Or let's trade for the York and bracket.

My name is Ted, and I'm a Jeep-a-holic. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: FOUND!! FACTORY York air bracket for Chevy SB

Excellent find!

Regards,
LarryM
"If I can't go faster I'll go longer."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode