The ultimate tire..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 03:46 PM
TEX

The ultimate tire.....

<font color=purple>Would it be a Bogger with TSL/SX sidelugs? A Bogger/TSL hybrid with TSL center & Bogger outer? A 40" Radial MT/R? A Bogger that's 37" tall & 17" wide? A Bogger that's 36" Tall & 9" wide??? Others?</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The ultimate tire.....

I like my Remington Mud Brutes. If they came in a Q78 that's the tire I would buy. I haven't had any problems at all, and they do well in mud. While they are not as good as a swaper, they work extremely well on the road and ony my Jeep.

I think the ultimate mud tire (for me anyway), would be the Buckshot tread with sx sidewall lugs in Q78.

I have become a big fan of the Q78 size lately, partly because of watching them in action and hearing y'all talk about them.

Ed

Just
Expect
Every
Problem
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would really like a TSL Boger in a 35x12.5 15. I would also like a front axle that would not grenade with these tire on it.... The stock Dana 30 is on the "Hit List" for replacement.

Jesse

<font color=red> I'm not here for a long time.... I 'm here for a good time. </font color=red>
<font color=green> AOL Instant Messager:</font color=green><font color=blue> jessemyers </font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

would be a 35x12.5x16 (yes 16" rim) and a 38x12.5x 16 Goodyear MTR. That way I wouldn't have had to grind my calipers to fit 15" rims. They would also have to messure 35" and 38" not 34.6 or something short like most 35" tires are. Also a 16.5" rim and tire that could be aired down would also be ultimate.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
<font color=green>WALSTIB</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:08 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Yeah, I really like the pizza cutter Q78's. Had some 255/85R16's on my tow vehicle at one time & would like something like a 275/85R16 on the next one. Just one size larger, but would still work on factory rims & not require a lift (hopefully - the new GM HD trucks are supposed to be taller than current ones). On the other hand, 305/70's & 315/75's would likely cause clearance problems.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:47 PM
I Do This For The Glory

A Q78 Bogger, with TSL center for longer tread life. If you get it to pass, order me 2 sets.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 06:31 PM

I used to be pretty picky about tires, but now I'll settle for anything that doesn't come apart at 80 MPH down the freeway!!

Shame too, I liked Firestone tires.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 07:29 PM
I Do This For The Glory

TR, you feeling OK, FIRESTONE? I have never heard of anyone actually LIKING Firestone, settling yes, but not actually liking.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 07:41 PM

Firestone made some pretty good car tires.
I haven't used them for years, because we have a deal with Goodyear now, but they used to do pretty good.

Anyway, the point is, ANY tire that doesn't kill me I'm happy with today...

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Those new Michelin's look pretty damn impressive!! Chad

1985 CJ-7 258/TR upgrade/4"superlift/2" bodylift 33x12.50 BFG mt/Ramsey Platinum 9000,etc,etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode