OT-My weekend! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

OT-My weekend!

Ok, so this is a little off topic. Just wanted to relate some weekend garb to those of you willing to listen and sit a spell.

Last weekend was the lobster boat races, with a door prize of a new lobster boat hull and cabin, a $20,000 value. Needless to say, the boats were out in force. There were a few decent ones, most notably the turbo diesels and another in particular. It ran in the "502 cubic inches and over" category, and had straight pipes and a blower (the whine is unmistakeable). The race started out with a "pace boat" until the flag dropped. This boat idled faster than the pace boat, he started when the pace was 1/2 way down the line and it barely idled (large cam), when the flag dropped he hit the throttle and was completely gone, no one could even touch him. Very impressive, also deafening. I haven't seen the final figures but would estimate it over 70 mph, and with a lobsterboat hull, that must have been one scary ride (they're flat across the back).

There is a bumper crop of blueberries this year, 85,000,000 pounds, largest recorded year to date was 74 million pounds. There are so many blueberries the factories stopped production, everything is full, some of the berries aren't even being harvested. The spring and summer were perfect growing seasons up here.

Went looking for more steel, didn't find any but did pic up some Kick A$$ chock blocks, they were used behind some sort of aircraft and are huge. They fold down and could stop a Mack truck. Nice find for $10. I also picked up a blueberry rake (for $10, new they're $120), had to weld a new handle on (ribar) and it works great. The wife and I spent last night culling them, made a homemade winnower from a collander and a fan laying horizontally. Found a bunch more places that carry Hammmerite up here, and some decent hardware stores. These rural hardware stores are nice because they carry backwoods items you don't normally find, like tire chains, winches, and extraction equipment.

Well, that's all, just wanted to share a bit of *good* news with you all. Hope everyone had a decent weekend.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 01:54 PM

Re: OT-My weekend!

Sorry about the lack of steel, is that stopping you on the tub?? My weekend was nice and relaxing, I turned 30, my back started to hurt and I saw three movies like the turd I am. Sunday I replaced my stock 35 amp alt with a 94 amp alt. The kit thru petro works is almost 300$ but i did mine for about sixty total. Im now ready to put the winch on and hopefully do the SpOA next weekend, Missing links on all four corners. I also recieved a header from a friend for my birthday, and check this out. My girlfriend got a me a MIG welder!! and I bought a stick welder for myself since she was paying shipping!! It was the best birthday present ever!! Im so excited to get it, ten days till it gets here from cambellhaus yahoo. See ya, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 02:08 PM
Robert87yj

I designed and built a relay system for my headlights. Man was there an increace in the amound of light they put out. My fiancee and I started to plann out the nitty gritty of the wedding and we have contacted a chruch to hold it at. Also, on a bad note, my mom thinks that I should get rid of the Jeep. My dad said that he would not let that happen. He tells me that it has become a hobby helping me with all of the little mods and that he wants to find an old military one for him self[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I guess that mom will have to deal with it.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 02:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I spent all weekend at the Woodward Dream Cruise up here in Detroit. It was awesome as usual. I saw so man vintage muscle cars, I started to stop paying attention. By the end of the day I found myself saying, yeah there's another mint 72 Chevelle LS6. That GTO "Judge" looks way better with those tires than the last one did. It was really cool. Got enough Turbo Blue fumes to last me at least a couple months.

Jesse

<font color=red> I'm not here for a long time.... I 'm here for a good time. </font color=red>
<font color=green> AOL Instant Messager:</font color=green><font color=blue> jessemyers </font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 02:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hmmm.. lets see.. i donated my last 2 good knuckles to jeepgods jeep, fixed my jeep so it(mostly) drives again, ,did a brake job for some ignoramous that bought a friends jeep, and picked up another friends jeep with my trailer...other than that, i spent the weekend with the family...
i like this post.. i'll even post to it.. unlike most going around lately...

~~Elusive~~
tj-7 thingy..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 03:29 PM

I got my homemade rocker guards installed on the CJ. I also met my ex-girlfriend for the day. We talked aout why I broke up with her. Now she doesn't hate me. Plus I might have gained a wonderfull friend. Cool weekend all together.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had kind of a bad weekend last sunday the 14th I tore my left calf mussel and haven't been able to push the clutch on my jeep down until today very depressing weekend.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How about pouring 11 yds of concrete, that was my saturday. Sunday was pulling off the forms and pulling up over 100 steel stakes.
Sounds like fun, huh?

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:43 PM
RedSandDog

Well, I did nothing Jeep related at all. I wrapped up a vacation to Mackinac Island, MI (great place to escape the Phoenix heat). There are no motorized vehicles on the island at all (kinda' wierd). Just horses and bikes. Girlfriend made me ride a horse. No brakes, no accelerator, and now it hurts to walk.

Actually, it is pretty freakin' neat up there.

I hope no one flames me for this post

'74 CJ-5
Send Money
...and a beer
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the blueberries in the stores here are really good. the label says canada.i spent the weekend stripping the finish off the redwood siding on our house.wow what a pain! about 4:30 sunday went up to cedar springs in the jeep.guess what?
the forest sevice took a dozier in and smoothed out the rough stuff. it used to be a good trail.i can not figure out our wonderful govt. everything they do looks wrong to me.now that the rough stuff is smoothed out i guess more vehicles can use it. stock 4x4's.to me it looked like the dozier may have damaged the tundra. if a dozier does it; it's ok but if a dirt bike, atv, 4x4 leaves a mark then we call it damage. i'm confussed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode