piss off my congressperson - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

piss off my congressperson

I wrote email to my congress person complaining about the abuse of handicapped parking ( remember I got a broken knee and cannot get handicapped tag) I complained about the children and spouse that are perfectly normal using the tag. I told her that since I not a minority, elderly, regilous group or soccer mom that she would not even give my message a notice. WELL

she wrote back on a saturday night telling me that she did not take kindly to those remarks and that she read every email that comes her way.

Gentleman I think I found a link into the state government, maybe she wish she never heard of me.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: piss off my congressperson

My senator (arlen specter) is always helpful, I have been in a fight with the DoD now for three years, when I send a request for help to his office I can count on getting an anserw back in a timely manner. Democracy works good sometimes, even better around election time!
good luck, jjc

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 10:18 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I always get a response from both of my senators, but it's clear that the one is either dumb as a box of rocks, or barely skims the letter. When I wrote to him about the Roadless Initiative, he wrote back that he understood my concerns for the environment.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 12:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

JJc you have an excelent point about election time imedeately right after election goverment shuts off again.And brownbag I have the feeling that if you didn't put that line in there about minority soccer moms etc. you probably would have never hear from her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode