Got Snow? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Got Snow?

Wheres the snow? Here it is almost January and still nothing! If any of you guys have some extra, kindly send a storm or two to CT. I need the play $$$$$!

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 09:13 AM

Re: Got Snow?

Let's import some snow from Europe... I think I just read that they're kinda gettin' buried by it...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

AHA! So thats where it all is. This has got to some kind of record for these parts. My snowshoes have been hanging on the wall for about 3 years now. No fun

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 12:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish that all I had was a pair of snowshoes to worry about. I have a Polaris 700 RMK and a 600 RMK that have been begging to be let out for about two months now! Even in Colorado where we have received some snow there isn't enough to go out and play. I talked to some guys in the Bitteroots of Montana who had four feet of fresh powder on a three foot base. Looks like it's time for a road trip!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 12:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

snow? whats snow? western Maryland...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 12:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Our whole area is in a financial free-fall because there is no snow. I am secretly worried that I caused it because we havne't got our SNOJEEP running yet. It's only been apart for a year now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] When ski people and snoboard people come up here, we have three questions in mind: (1) how much money has he got? (2) which pocket is it in? and (3) how can I make sure he doesn't take it home with him.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Be it tow truck work where they sell $25 chains for $125; the ski lodges themselves; the chain installers; or the gas, food, bed and breakfast; it all adds up![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 01:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Tell me about it, Dave. JEEP (just empty every pocket) applies to skiing too! Suckers kindly investing in northern goods! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

We need snow badly in NM and CA! UGH!

<font color=blue>Jon-YJ94
<font color=red>a work in progress
[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 01:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Here I am in Minnesota and it was 50 degrees yesterday...50 ABOVE zero! The inch of snow we had before Christmas is now puddles in the road. Why the heck have winter if it's not going to snow?!

Mike H.
<font color=blue>1983 CJ-7 Laredo</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>1999 Dakota 4x4</font color=purple>
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]o[[[[o
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gentlemen, I can't seem to find it in me to wish it would snow. Of course, I grew up here in North Texas where snow is a real novelty, about one or two, three to six inch snows a year. However, after spending that one winter in Montana as a young man I found a need to spend the next 20-plus years roaming the countryside in a couple of CJ7s in places such as South Texas and Mexico. I can appreciate your practice of lifting money from the pockets of Texans who can't seem to figure out that for there to be snow, it has to be cold. In my book, a bad deal. Almost every time I get on the highway some guy passes me in an Isusu, or is it Izuzu, Trooper (I get passed a lot) with skinny skis tied on top. All said in fun. Hope ya'll get your snow and I get to stay in the sunshine.
Happy New Year.

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-30-1999, 02:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Snow? What's that?
lol
I am 23 years old and have seen snow only one time in my life.
Guess I can stop praying for a little snow down here in the extreme south of Louisiana.
Happy new year yall.

Kiley [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
94YJ
Alittle better than stock.
And now with a future Jeeper on the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode