Soft top...Hard top... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-25-1999, 10:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Soft top...Hard top...

Merry X-mas everyone... I just got my 4WDHW Catalog and I have been devising a plan for when I get my income tax $$$$... Right now I have a '94 Sahara with a soft-top and half doors. I want to buy a hard-top for next winter, but I can't seem to make out what is the best (cheapest) way to go. Do I get a hard-top and full doors, or do those fiberglass upperdoors work with soft and hard-tops... I would rather not have to buy a set of full doors at full price (anyone got a set to sell that I could paint??)

What is the best way to get the best of both worlds here????

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-25-1999, 02:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Soft top...Hard top...

Hey Steve,

I am in the same situation and have been looking at my local papers and classifieds and finding TONS of Hardtops and Full Steel door sets for around the ballpark of $600-800. This is the approach i am going to use as it will be most cost effective. I am not sure how Hard 1/2 doors work with a Hard top.

My .02

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
http://146.189.121.83/
79 Jeep CJ-7
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-26-1999, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought those fiberglass upper half doors for my stock hardtop. They fit okay
the sliding glass rattles a little when open . When I close the doors the top half kinda woobles . They dont seem to seal very well. I put a strip of foam around the door and the top and it fixed 50% of my trouble. I know it was cheaper than ful hard factory doors and storing and removing half and full doors twice a year ( at least) but I cant say for sure that I would make the smae choice again. Ive been thinking about ditching this fiberglass stuff and getting the full doors. Just a matter of time. bandon Oh they do not fit with the soft top. ( they hardly fit with the hard top)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-27-1999, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go with the full doors....I've spent time in PA during the winter...go with full doors. I feel sorry for you guys....I live in sunny S. CA....I only have my soft top on my jeep for about 3-4 months....I sold my hard top because I was tired of storing it 9 months out of the year....other than that its bikini top only....gota love it....

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-27-1999, 06:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't delt with Leon Rosser, but they have the best prices I've seen on hard doors at $369 ea. complete except int door panels and tumblers. Doesen't sound bad when buying a used set of doors that could crack 2 weeks after you install them. If you decide on used doors don't pay more than $125 ea. Just my .02. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode