Roll Bar - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Roll Bar

I am goining to replace by Smittybuilt weld cage.stock CJ8 cage for a custom unit that will work with the Half-Cab. So anyone with knowledge one front cages for 8's love to hear it (i.e. Mounting for the rear bar?) I am going to do all this myself (no kits, or stock stuff). Also a CJ8/cage assembly for sale. North Texas, make offer, and full 8 top.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 09:57 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Re: Roll Bar

I have been kicking this idea around some. I have a CJ7 that I bought a Scrambler half cab top and the
divider for. About the only way I see to go is to build a rear rollbar and then build a separate stand alone
front rollcage with four upright legs. The two would be then tied together using bolts and spacers
between the rollbars. The spacers would be fit into holes in the rear of the half cab top before slipping it
between the rollbars or the spacer would be used alone when the top was off. Even with the soft half top
you could have holes cut with a rubber seal installed for the spacers. It would make putting the soft top
up and down a little harder though.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-24-1999, 03:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Roll Bar

I know that you said you were going to do this without any kits, I have a friend that just built a cage to fit inside his CJ8 cab. He did this by using two of the Smittybuilt cage kits for a CJ7 with the padded dash. The front hoop was used in its regular configuration, while the rear hoop was a front one turned backwards to fit around the sloping rear of the 8s cab. He did have to make custom floor mounts for the rear hoop. He then tied them together with custon spreader bars. If you dont want to use the kits, you could bend the tubing in the same manner as the kit. It does fit fine inside his hardtop and works nicely. Hope this idea helps and good luck with your project.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode