Don't give up the ship - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Don\'t give up the ship

I check out he other boards too but don't stray too far.
This is the best & fastest post I've seen-----look around.
The down time sucked but my isp has it too.
Don't be too hard on it , this is too good to screw up.
Does anybody know how to get an IV to my arm hooked up to my **** computer for this post?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 09:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Don\'t give up the ship

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was surfing some Jeepdom sites and was surprised to find some rather coarse language on my favorite "other" Jeep BBS. I appreciate this site because it has been flame-free.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Flame free BUT fast! There is more info here than all others put together!!!!!!!!!
(Thanks to people like you(cj dave) and a bunch others who are willing to let the blood of learning turn into the text of wisdom.
Thanx!!!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There are 4 others I've found, but this one is by far the best. Lance has a good one going at Pirate 4x4, it looks like the new 4x4 Wire has potential, but you still con't beat this one. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Brad!
Speaking of which, we have converted to a completely new BB format at Pirate4x4.Com. I invite you all to take a look. I think you will like what you see. We're always up, don't censor, and have pretty knowledgable people hanging around!

http://www.pirate4x4.com

Lance Clifford
Pirates of the Rubicon Webmaster
http://www.pirate4x4.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 11:44 PM

the topic of this section is " donot give up the ship" my two cents: i do not plan on giving up the ship I just like talking to many people and the SAME people are on the other board too, So I just rotate around the many, many board till I find a subject I might know something on. when this board went down it left a big hole in my areas because I spend 75% here, so I went looking and found Terry Howe and Pirate. that why my first post was to INFORM others that they was there. I like this board because it finally became clean. the others are still sucking up saying how great the new boards are, once that settles down they be good too. and each board have a different altitude on it. I,m like the hound dog you can run me off but at dinnertime I be at the back door.

brownbagg </font color=red>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-1999, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This will always be my "first" board. I also use JU alot. JOL just came back and is slow, outdoor wire is just starting, and I really like the format that pirate went to (like the others)
I'm not wild about jjoural, dirt road, or wllys jeep. I don't like thier formats.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-24-1999, 12:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This place used to be my favorite but after one of the staff members here decided less than helpful to me I rarely come around now. I have found a new home at Jeeps Unlimited. Unfortunately, there are not many CJ owners there (yet) but since I've added a new TJ to my jeep family I find lots of useful info there. Plus it has a great group of members. I'm also liking the new Pirates site .... a little too club oriented (but changing it seems?) to be my primary site though. 4x4wire could be nice if they simplify things a bit.

This software here is ancient compared to what those three above sites are using.

CJDave...those other sites have your Moon Guys too.

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-24-1999, 01:18 AM

I know what you mean about the 'Less than helpful' staff member, and I bet I can guess which one it was too.
I had a run in with one about my first user name and password. (BTW- after all his snotty remarks, insults and bragging on him self, IT STILL IS NOT WORKING! Hear me Pat?)
I guess he just isn't as good as he claims with the WWWThreads Pro software. I hear WWWThreads Pro 5.0 is easier to use, and more stable. We are looking at it for our web site, and it looks good.
I'd say from the way he attacks customers looking for help, he has more problems than this BBS.

Got to go, time to take the tabby out of the oven...

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-24-1999, 11:26 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I enjoy this board, it was the first I came back to after my extended absense. The people are great, its non-inflamatory stature is awesome, and the topics have helped me learn more than anywhere else on the web. If it's down for a while, I'll move to other boards, going to check out www.pirate4x4.com after this post, but then I'll be back.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode