My Jeep is not Y2K compliant-Jeep withdraw Part II - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 02:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Jeep is not Y2K compliant-Jeep withdraw Part II

Here's a follow up on my non-running Jeep died on Tuesday, no spark[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and CPS are all fine. Still no spark.
The dealer has it now and found that my computer won't even talk to theirs. My roll over engine shut off relay keeps tripping, and they think it's being caused by a short in one of the wiring harness'.
Now I've found 2 other people on J Journal with the exact same problem within the same week.
Hmmmmmm...................

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 10:57 AM

Re: My Jeep is not Y2K compliant-Jeep withdraw Part II

Talk about "Jeep Withdrawal" I've been without my YJ for about 6 weeks now and still have 4 more to go. (I've been working on my "Jeep Page" alot, but it just ain't the same) I have more projects planned than ever before[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck getting your YJ running soon.

3/4tonYJ
<font color=red>My Jeep Page
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 11:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
John (FNG) any updates for us? We're hoping that you get your YJ back before New Years!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Dear Abby:

Let me ask you something, 3/4ton... What do you do that you have all of this technical knowledge about upgrading each component? Is it trial by error?

I'm trying to figure this out... I sit behind a desk all day, and beat up numbers to make them look good, come home on the weekend and do a little wheelin', if I'm lucky...

Does all of your $ go to the Jeep?

Sincerley,
confused

<font color=blue>Jon-YJ94
<font color=red>a work in progress
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJ94- The good news is that they have my Jeep fixed, don't know what it was yet. For the bad news go here:
http://dosxxs.off-road.com/wwwthread...collapsed&sb=5

I'm one hurting puppy right now and my New Years plans are now shot[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 01:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
That is not a good story. You had to tango F-350, instead of a Hyundai, didn't you?

Merry Christmas, eh? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Glad to hear that your wife is alright, and you too! I'm assuming your new "friend" had insurance?

Wow. I just saw a 67 Willy Wagon, stock, in need of tires and brakes, but in running condition for 2k... any interest? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] It's in the LA area, so you know the body is relatively rust free...

[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, by LA standards my 1/2 ton was a fairly large vehicle, I just had to pick a fight with one of the few that's bigger.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
I'm kinda leaning toward a Dodge 3/4 ton right now. Extended cab with the four doors, short bed, V10, 4x4 of course[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]. I was sick of that IFS anyway.
But I gotta see what the insurance companies do first.
My wife would like a new Grand Cherokee, so we'll have to wait and see.
Just glad we weren't in the Jeep with my son in the back seat. Guess it's good it was broke after all[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That sucks about getting hit. At least you and your wife are all right. My wife and I just got a Grand Cherokee 2000 and we love it. We live in NY and she drives a ways to work. I have the CJ7 with a rag top and she gets the heated leather seats. Thatís the compromise of marriage. I hope you take your wife to be checked out anyway, you never know if there is a problem she canít feel now, and you would want to tell his insurance company now. Good luck getting back on track.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 02:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
The GC is an awesome car (SUV). Keep it in the family, if you can! (What one drives, so should the other...) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Q: What's better than opening the garage and seeing one jeep?
A: Seeing two!

You're right, it's a good thing the jeep did break down! Small miracles. Looking back, isn't it strage to think of all the co-inky-dinx that brought you to that moment?

When we were hit, we had just left AAA to sign up for roadside assistance. It wasn't 5 minutes from signing up to getting hit, and we had to call a tow truck! Weird, eh?

Anyways... fight to get the car scrapped. They're never the same...

keep on [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]'in!

[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-1999, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

She is definately leaning toward the WJ, so that's what we'll be getting[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]- twist my arm[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Even if they don't total out the truck it will be replaced.

As for the YJ, it was the reverse switch on the tranny. Who would have guessed that was the problem?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-24-1999, 12:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been without my jeep since July 7.And I don't know when I can get it back out on a trail.I hope maybe by March or April.It will feel strange to drive it.I have changed several things since it has been down.It will be like a totally different jeep to me.I miss my jeep,my jeep misses me.It is even in a different state than me,but I go visit it each weekend.You guys keep up the good Q's and A's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode