What's hindering my travel? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What\'s hindering my travel?

<font color=blue>Ok... check out this pic... And so you know, my wife got me the plates. My initials are JP... and I ski. So, we killed 3 birds :JP:Jeepski... Cute, eh? Am I a victim of LA or what? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

anyways... in this pic my disconnects are still together. that's most of my problem, right? Could it be the extended bump stomps I installed? Oh yeah, and I hadn't loosened my shackles yet...

<font color=blue>Jon-YJ94
<font color=red>a work in progress
[email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-12085-twist2.JPG (45.5 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 02:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What\'s hindering my travel?

Was the axle up against the bump stop? Your shackles would have to be REAL tight to prevent the wheel from moving up. The sway bar is more likely the problem...on the newer jeeps it was beefed up to decrease roll over chances....ya know..one of them safety thangs....

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 02:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
I couldn't get to the axle in the h20... it was a little too deep and frozen for my liking... anyways... I've gotta remember those disconnects! Any ideas for strapping them out of the way? just a string?

John, that was in Gorman last weekend... next time we go, I'll have to remember to post it, in case any socal's are interested in going... easy, but fun!

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 02:47 PM
Official Historian

i just use a bunjee cord to strap the disconnected anti-sway bar to the frame.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/Herculiner
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 02:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jon,
I havn't been up there yet...I do the Jeep Jamboree every year up at Big Bear...its a lot of fun...You should try to make it this May...bring the wife...its made for the family

If you plan on doing more offroading then you might want to invest in disconnects....without a BFS, its hard to get them on and off.

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
John, I'm looking at going to the Jamboree, but my wife won't go (she hates the jeep, says I love it more than HER!)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]!

I have disconnects... just forget to take 'em off! I'm considering just removing the track bars all together... what is a BDS? Black Diamond or Big Dick? I always get those mixed up...

Gorman is mostly for motorcycles... a little farther on is Frazier Park.. John (FNG) is going up there on 1/15... I'm trying to make that... Anyways, I should be doing a run next Friday... Just a few hours. Get some of the stink of working off!

[email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Jon, I can tell you why you're not getting much travel in that picture.... the ground is flat[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Let me get up there and show you a place or two on Miller Jeep to get a wheels up shot[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
It's not the 15th that I'm going, it's the 22nd. Gotta have a weekend to recover from a week spent at Ceasar's Palace in Vegas before going back out.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
OUCH! I have a pic that makes it look a little bigger than flat... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

I need to redo my website, and post some of the pix I got from this (and other) weekends...

My ranger friend took a picture of the hill I couldnt get by... At least the picture makes it look steep! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Ahh... 22nd... sorry for misquoting you!

Hey, what ever happened with the death of your jeep? Should I plan on attending funeral mass for it? Where will internment be? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-1999, 12:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey YJ94, word on the street is that you called in sick to work today and so did your buddy with the Ford Ranger 4x4. Coincidence? I think not!

So how was the wheelin?

I'm looking down at you from my CJ...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-18-1999, 09:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>
Hey Lookin' down, glad to see that you finally joined the cyber-age... got the ummm... guilliones to post something, and had the time to think up a clever name!

You may have 33's, etc... at least my car starts each morning! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]Though, I'm gonna have to ask for you to choose another name, might I suggest:

<font color=red>CJcan'trun</font color=red>
or
<font color=red>C</font color=red>hheesssus!<font color=red>J</font color=red>eep's broke again...

BTW: thanks for the recovery strap. I seem to remember having to pull you out ohhh not too many years ago... oh yeah, weren't you hooked up to a ford at the time, too? Yes, and my jeep was BONE stock...

Oh yeah, and you're just jealous that I have sick time to call in (when I'm actually sick)... you know I was home if I was posting...

Besides the 1k I'm getting for your hire will more than make up for your slam on the BBS... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Maybe I'll call in sick Monday, too!

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode