What's hindering my travel? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What\'s hindering my travel?

Jon- My Jeep is at Santa Ana Jeep being looked at. At my club meeting Friday night, a new member was there. He's a tech in their service department[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img].
My computer won't even aknowledge that any other computer is trying to talk to it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
The relay that shuts down the engine when you roll[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] is tripping and that is what's causing the problem....
Since they can't use the computer they are having to check harness by harness to find where the short is that is causing this. Hopefully I'll hear some good news today.
Gonna be tough to go wheeling in Death Valley for New Years with just my Z71.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What\'s hinderin my travel?

<font color=blue>
Oh man... that sounds BRUTALLY expensive. Are you still under warranty? This means possibly a whole new computer? I've never heard of this problem before... Let's hope it's just a short!

They've got 2 weeks to fix it, they'll have it done by then... RIGHT?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]Great to have tekkies in your club! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Jon-YJ94
<font color=red>a work in progress
[email protected]
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 01:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What\'s hinderin my travel?

Nope, no warranty. Only 47K on the Jeep, and they don't think it's the computer. Pretty sure it's a short in one of the harness'. I'm praying that they can find it and finish it up today. I wanted to get my oil pan skid plate, winch, and hand throttle put on before the trip. Oh, and I'm moving this week too (what is this spare time thing I keep hearing about?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 01:39 PM

Re: What\'s hindering my travel?

I had disconected the sway-bar on my Jeep but still couldn't get the suspension to max out the shocks and brake lines. I unbolted the trackbar and that was all it took. I have a stock suspension but I can max out the stock shocks and brake lines- not too bad. I also noticed the spring clips were limiting my articulation. I'm buying some newer stocks springs and going to bend the clips straight up, place full-length teflon pads between all the springs, and get some "soft" greaseable poly-busings. Then longer shocks and brake lines. I dont bother with the extended bumpstops, and my 31" MTs rub like mad, but I dont really mind, ya know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode