7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JEEPN 
G
#1 ·
Who makes Walmarts TECH motor oil? here is a email reply from Quaker state

'john550@excite.com'"
Subject:
RE: who makes it?

Thank you for your email.
Yes, we do make the Tech 2000 for Wal-Mart.

Thank You,

Pennzoil-Quaker State Co.
Customer Account Partnerships
Consumer Inquiry Team
phone: 1-800-Best-Oil
fax: 713-546-3821

In case you didnt know, Pennzoil and Quaker State merged companys

G
#3 ·
Lube oils...something I know a bit about. Walmart probably makes use of the most attractive bidder to blend there oil. The blending / "bottling" contract probably gets revisited every 3-5 years. Numerous brands of oils are blended by the same blending / canning plants scattered across the country. The base blend stocks are the same for all lubes, with the major refiners producing lubes through a lubes unit, and selling the base stocks to the market. It is the paramin additive that tweeks the oil quality. Bottom line, I'd stick with a major lube oil brand backed by a fully intergrated lubes research center, a refinery with a lubes unit, and a paramins chem plant.... ie Exxon, Mobil, Chevron, etc.

G
#4 ·
My cousin used to work in a Walmart auto center for awhile and a delivery guy told
him that Quaker State made it,he told me,so i just searched the web for a Quaker State site and it had a email address on the site

#5 ·
no matter who makes it.. its crap.. stay away from it..
you want a oil with a high flash point.. 0 or low ash content.. and a high viscosity content..
the higher the flash point.. the better the crude oil it came from.. basically..
and viscosity.. means. the higher the number.. the lessor the change..under the higher temp..
basically.. the best on the market is red line... amsoil..mobil 1.. valvoline syn.. are amoung the best...

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

http://www.jeepgod.net

#6 ·
I don't dis agree with the synthetics being very high quality, but I would use caution when converting from fossil oils to synthetics. From past experience an engine that has many miles will often develop leaks at most seals when converted to synthetic.
Regardless of weight or viscosity, I guess those little synthetic molecules have a way of slippin past the seals. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

RocknCJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
Good judgment comes from bad experiences, bad experiences come from bad judgment.

#7 ·
Very true, but Amzoil isn't available around here, neither is Red Line, and I really don't want to pay $4 a quart to run synthetics in a vehicle I put 5,000 miles a year on, or even the Mazda, which has 212,000 miles on it and only a few years left. For me, Wally World oil is just fine.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.