Off Roading Forums banner

Scored another one.

9K views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim_Lou 
#1 ·
So we get a call earlier from a guy that said I got your number from a friend. He has a cj6 that needs a home. Said he will give it to us as long as we don't scrap it. Not a problem. I will post some pics tomorrow if all goes well.. I know it's rough but really don't care.

#2 ·
Yep, we got it. Steering column needs a little attention and passenger side quarter needs some attention and typical floor rust but pretty solid rig. It has the pto driven winch on the front so its a good score. Has a huge rat nest under the hood so I will get some pics after we get it pressure washed today.

#8 ·
Had some cooper take offs from the wife's mail truck that we put on so we can roll it around. Motors not seized so hopefully we can clean up the wire mess the rat made and try to get it started. The guy said it drove into the barn four years ago but who knows.

#10 ·
I believe the title says 1957. My son has the title with him so he can go to the DMV and see if its going to be a hassle. It has a t.o.d on it and signed by the lady it was transfered too but it was dated back four years ago and Missouri gets weird on that stuff. Might have to get my brother inlaw to tag it in Arkansas first. My m715 title is a mess. I can tag it in Arkansas but not missouri because in the state of texas, there are five things titled with the same number.

#11 ·
That IS a mess! But you can get it straightened out. Here in Illinois when there's a sketchy title you can post a bond, in the amount of the estimated value, with the Secretary of State. If no claim is made in a certain number of years you can drop the bond and get clear title. For a 60 year old Jeep the bond can't cost much. Missouri might have a similar process.

#12 ·
They have that here but thats the catch with the m715. One of the five things in Texas is another m715 and they have a bonded title on it and Missouri says nothing I can do about it without going to court.my m715 has the actual vin plate with the actual serial number. Not sure how they did what they did in texas. The other four things in texas with that number are military trailers. Just weird that my buddy can walk into arkansas DMV and tag it today but missouri says no.

#13 ·
I was talking to the Hwy patrol guy couple weeks ago when he was certifying my son for safety inspections. He says that they can go through it and try and find another number on it that isn't being used. Mine doesn't have the original motor in it and if the one in Texas happened to end up with my motor, thats all they need is the vin serial# from my block to get a title. He says they can do the same and check axles transmission transfer case steering box and if one of them have been changed and not in the system then they can issue me a new vin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.